Lectron

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
I'm going to be switching toa lectron 32 mm and was wondering what metering rod i should get. I know i can call lectron and get a set of 4 and return the 3 i don't use but i will be working the motor more as i go and want to know a good base to start with.( so i want to keep the rods). Also i know i need a new throttle cable and was wondering if the 90°terry cable one is the cable i need. Also any other heads up on these carbs would be much appreciated.

You will need a throttle cable that fits lectrons only. Is this lectron going to be run on gas? Lectrons are a top notch carb but if you plan to ride trails etc then I would think about getting a keihin pwk airstryker. Lectrons produce best when drag racing.What are your mods?

Reason a lectron is I got a great deal. Runnig on gas until I get everything else to redo a motor. Im slowly acquiring parts for a potential drag bike but then again I know ill want an even bigger carb. So for now a 32mm Lectron is what I have. Its a guess a trail bike but its mainly fields I ride in, strait runs or long and short ovals.

Mods I have now to motor are fmf right bend set up, timing advance, air box lid removed with outerwears cover and K&N filter, I most likely wont be using the air box in the future. Oil injection removed, tors deleted, polished exhaust port (I knw that doesn't affect performance but it keeps it nice and clean :) .. Boyesen power reeds, reed spacer, stock bore , wiseco prolite piston...

These carbs even look sweet, maybe that had a little to do with getting it but mostly because of the deal and needing a bigger carb.

IMO with your setup you will get better performance with the stock carb over the 32mm carb.

That's the plan Wifesblaster. Im slowly gathering the parts I want for a build sometime. I really cant see redoing my motor yet since it was recently done not long ago maybe (20 hours). But the temptation of putting some wrenches on it and start tearing things down and starting over is getting overwhelming at times. I keep seeing one reason I should take the jug off and its one of those greenish blue base gaskets I have been hearing bad things about. I didn't redo the motor it was like this when I got it. So far I im lucky and have no air leaks. I cant see taking it all apart though just for a gasket that isn't leaking. Also I know ounce I do take it off that's it. Ill be getting in much deeper than only the gasket.

As far as the Lectron it arrived yesterday and I was impressed on how they were built and after looking at it and basically tearing it apart and seeing exactly how it works Its pretty sweet. It looks to me as if it has never seen fuel. I still have to call Lectron on Monday because I have to install a power jet, get a throttle cable and a few metering rods if the ones I have already aren't correct. I also have to see if I can get the stock intake manifold to stretch enough to fit. Most likely it wont but ill try sticking it in boiling water for a bit. So most likely a larger intake manifold on the list too.. Eventually ill get there.. I:I

Anyone know where I can get an intake manifold for this carb? The diameter is 40mm.... Thanks in advance.

I measured the outside diameter. So the inside diameter of the intake would have to be 40 mm.

Ok finally got this thing on there along with a new Terry cable thumb throttle.. Wanted to get some other things done before I up'd my carb size.. Diy port job/with boyesen ports with head shave for now. Was running the stock carb right after that work and I noticed a big difference.. Now that the larger carb is on there.. All smiles ..:D Only got to ride for a little bit than noticed my fuel line was pissin all over. :mad:. good thing I didn't catch fire.. (new fuel line had a pin hole)..

Carb was easy to install and VERY easy to adjust.. Only thing I did was cut that little bracket nipple thing on the frame that the stock intake plenum hangs on, it kept getting in my way so I chopped it off.. All in all Verry pleased.. My only draw back is I wish I had a similar sized carb like a Keihin or Mikuni to compare too.. I will also be adding a power jet since this one was not a pj..

Carb is fitted to a cfm air box and moded boyesen rad valve with reed spacer..