Lectron Carb Set Up ?

Luis Manuel

Sep 17, 2016
I need help with a 32 lectron carb, installed in a Yamaha Blaster with a 240 vito bigbore kit . Its has Drag pipes, nology coil, 1500 feets up the sea level, actually has power jet and 4-2 xl metering rod. I need recomendations for a good setup. Thanks

I only run alcohol and not gas on a lectron carb. I would call lectron and ask them a good starting point. If I had to take an educated guess I would suggest 45mm on the needle and open the pj wide open and slowly decrease it down as needed.

Is it an adjustable power jet or a mikuni pilot jet style?

Like Dualstroke suggested, id call lectron. Any time i called they were helpfull.

I run either a 3 2 1, or a 3 1 rod. I am stock stroke stock bore but heavily modded motor.

What if any other motor mods do you have ? Is it running now with that rod.

Reactions: Luis Manuel
Is it an adjustable power jet or a mikuni pilot jet style?

Like Dualstroke suggested, id call lectron. Any time i called they were helpfull.

I run either a 3 2 1, or a 3 1 rod. I am stock stroke stock bore but heavily modded motor.
Its

What if any other motor mods do you have ? Is it running now with that rod.

It has adjustable power jet, hot rods 4ml with spacer, .10 shaved head, Wisseco big bore pistone .20, vito 240 big bore, Nology Coil, RDZ Big Bore Drag Pipe and right Know 4-2, Metering Rod in the Lectron Carb.

If I changed it in using alcohol, what changes do I have to do? Would it be better than gazoline 93 octane.

I dont run alky so forgive me if any of my info is bad.

Wait,,,, first things first. Get your head cut properly, Not just shaved, there is a big difference. Especially since it needs to be recut anyways for the +4 crank. The spacer will work but if your going to do it "do it right" . get everything cut to spec and cut properly. Proper port timings aswell.

What is your compression at the moment?

Not sure if you have these tools or not but if you dont you should surely get them. A leakdown tester, and a decent compreasion tester ( i find the cheapest relible one to be a Craftsman compression tester).

Reactions: Luis Manuel
A machine shop do the work in the head. The leakdown test is good like spec info. The comprension right now is 145.

Last edited:
Reactions: Longhi 610