Leaking out of overflow

langlais23

Apr 27, 2014
So gas leaks out my overflow when the gas is turned on. People have told me on here I need to adjust my float bowl level or something like that. What really needs to be done and can you give me some instructions?

dont be scared to take the carb apart you not going to break anything just make sure you replace all of the parts,and clean them with carb cleaner. this video is not your carb but same idea....the pic is your stock carb.. it is not as complicated as the pic reveals alot of those parts dont need to be remove soo you get it :)

02 carb with text 1.jpg

I took the carb apart to fix the foot level and the problem is it sticks a little when moving...is there anyway to fix this

yeah either replace bad parts or clean them try a Q tip and tooth paste to clean the brass seat where the pin slides in to then clean the rubber tip and the pin the best you can there is a thread on it ill try to find it or you can look

I took the carb apart to fix the foot level and the problem is it sticks a little when moving...is there anyway to fix this
The tang sometimes gets a little indentation in it from the needle rubbing it, I have fixed that problem but a new float really is needed.

The posts that support the float sometimes get a shoulder worn on them and catch the float, a small file will remove them .