Leak down tester help

loh61546

Jul 24, 2010
Manito, IL.
I have a leak down tester. i cant find anything around here that seems to work for pluging the exhaust port. what do you guys use? and where do you get it?
Thanks.

I have a leak down tester. i cant find anything around here that seems to work for pluging the exhaust port. what do you guys use? and where do you get it?
Thanks.

those rubber expansion plugs from lowes work killer. i think they are used to plug a pipe while you work on it, its a rubber plug with a big wingnut on top

yes, and i have to get me one next time i leaky test, the aluminum plate and rubber piece i used sucked

I use a intertube and a piece of aluminum. Mine works great but a plug would probably work better

for the exhaust, use a expansion plug. will give you the best seal.
mine didn't have the wing nut, but had a 12mm nut that you had to tighten with a wrench.

I asked this question a while back. EVERYONE says get a expansion plug, but NO ONE gives a size! They come in many sizes and the correct would be great.

Yea, Yea, I know go measure, but if you're going to give advice at least make it complete.

I asked this question a while back. EVERYONE says get a expansion plug, but NO ONE gives a size! They come in many sizes and the correct would be great.

Yea, Yea, I know go measure, but if you're going to give advice at least make it complete.

if you give a man a fish, he eats for a day.
you teach a man to fish, he eats for the rest of his life.