Laundry baskets of Blaster parts

image.jpg

Thanks Blaaster!

I did some plug chops, and its looking like the 280 is where I want to be. The only thing that has me stumped is that the idle keeps changing on me. I turn the air screw out till I find the highest idle (approx 1.75 turns out) then adjust the idle to approx. the specified recommended idle.

Ride it around for a few, and when I stop, it will either be high idling or wanting to stall low idling??? Why is this happening?

On the positive, this thing really rips! I've rode Blasters in the past, and honestly though meh... but this thing just rips. The lightened flywheel makes it a fast hitting, fast revving machine! I can shift through 6th gear in a matter of only moments, and I still have not been at full throttle for anymore that short bursts.

I'm hoping my 400ex shock will make the ride more enjoyable. Also, I need to look into widening and extending the swing arm. The front end wants to ride off the ground too much.

Could the throttle cable be routed wrongly, could it be sticking?

I've kinda been wondering this myself. I didn't tear this quad down, but rather assembled parts based on a repair manual, so I don't really know if it is correct. I currently have it routed from the thumb throttle, down through the stem mount deal, then to the right, and under the frame, over top the pipe & head to the carb.

Re Routed the cable today, and took it out for its first ride after the break in. Rode great, and runs awesome... My buddy was given a stock blaster for free that he got going, and he wanted to ride today. Mine absolutely smokes a stock Blaster. Now he wants me to help him out with doing his motor work to get his set up similar lol.

Re Routed the cable today, and took it out for its first ride after the break in. Rode great, and runs awesome... My buddy was given a stock blaster for free that he got going, and he wanted to ride today. Mine absolutely smokes a stock Blaster. Now he wants me to help him out with doing his motor work to get his set up similar lol.

Oh no he's gonna get the blaster itch! We all do!

Reactions: Charles
So this happened...
Not sure how the wheel didn't just fall off while out on the trail??? lucky I guess lol. Apparently the cotter pin broke, and the castle nut worked its way off. Good thing Fast6hand has me covered!

Reactions: Fast6hand
Was a sad day here... Sold the Blaster. I'll miss her, but honestly, I like building them as much as I like riding them. I might have another project here soon that I'll be posting.