Vm26-606 set up for stock.

RichyG

Sep 6, 2020
Just need some clarification please and thank you! Picked up a blaster in pieces and it is missing the carb. I would like to pick up a new genuine vm26-606. Question being do the stock carb parts match this particular carb. The bike will be put together stock for the time being. So I was hoping to just get a stock rebuild kit to set it up. Instead of buying all of the parts seperate just seemed easier. I believe a rebuild kit would have everything I need. Needle / main / pilot ECT.

Just need some clarification please and thank you! Picked up a blaster in pieces and it is missing the carb. I would like to pick up a new genuine vm26-606. Question being do the stock carb parts match this particular carb. The bike will be put together stock for the time being. So I was hoping to just get a stock rebuild kit to set it up. Instead of buying all of the parts seperate just seemed easier. I believe a rebuild kit would have everything I need. Needle / main / pilot ECT.
The problem is the stock carb parts do not fit in that carb.

Bummer so with that being said I know I have to change out the main and pilot. I kind find those specs easy. I don't recall pilot size but I know the main should be around a 230. What I do need to figure out is needle and seat size. What else will have to be changed out?

The stock pilot is 32.5.
Stock main is 230. That is if you are using the stock oil injection. And stock pipe
If premixing oil you may need to bump it up one size to compansate for the oil in gas mixture
Jet needle 5j22
Needle jet is p-6

The one in the carb you are looking at is alot leaner i think n or o the letters are alphabetical. And the number runs. To 9 i believe.
The stock slide is a 2.0 cut away i believe

The stock carb# is vm26ss
This is not posting