KOR bushings

Coollaxer

Jan 5, 2014
center moriches, new york
Say I wanted to get a 400ex shock and I wanted to use washers to even our the space instead of KOR'S bushings, would that work or would the bolt required to go into the 400ex shock have play as in up and down? Just thinking about it.. Are the bushings worth it for 20$?

i made brass bushings to compensate for the smaller 400ex bolt before ken made the bushings, they wore out in 1 season, then thankfully ken came up with the correct, lasting solution.
get the bolt from him too while your at it.

Ok and I think I've asked this before but I forgot lol...what's softer a 400ex or 450r shock? Or wich is better for trails?

both the same shock IMO
just the 450 has an offset rezzie which requires cutting off a frame mount for the rear plastics, get the 400ex

Reactions: 2strokelivin
A lot of people like the 450r rear shock. I did not. It made the bike sit to low. I like the 250R shock. The most common is the 400EX. It is also the most affordable. If you find decent deals you can get banshee fronts, 400EX rear, and KOR bushings for less than 100 bucks. Well worth it IMO. Set the banshee shocks to the softest setting and set up the rear and you will be happy with you $100 investment.

Looks like its got WAY to much. I run 4psi in the back and 6 in the front. Believe it or not it makes a big difference.

i threw my air pressure gauge away after learning more air prevents flat tires in this rocky sh*t i ride in, i kneel on the tire with all my weight, if it depresses more than an inch, it needs more :)
i didn't get 1 flat all last season

Ok, should it be easy to push down on the tire then?

not where i ride.
terrain determines tire pressue
sand/woods/feilds/smooth can get away with less,
less in the rocks = search ebay for new tires X(

I would try 4 psi in the back and 6 up front. You need a low pressure tire gauge. I agree with AWK. Running low tire pressure in rough terrain will lead to bend rims and flat tires.