kick start

F

FultonBlaster04

My kick start is very "floopy" and it keeps hitting my in the leg wneh i am riding. I took it apart to see if i could fix it and noticed there was no spring inside. Am I wrong to think there should be a spring inside the kick start lever?
I have looked at diagrams but does not show inside the lever.

yes there is suppose to be a spring inside the case that brings ur kickstarter back to the top if u are missing it would recommend getting one is shouldnt cost that much.hope i could help.and i would inspect the inside of the case for damage incase the spring came off inside there.

No it goes up and down fine. When the kick start lever is up, it folds in towards the bike to get out off the way. When im riding, the lever is so loose that it folds out and hits me in the leg every time i hit a bump. My friend has a blaster and his seems to be on some kind of spring action because it stays tight to the bike. I am thinking that mabey its just old and worn out. Thanks for your help.

Sorry i misunderstood u its probably wore out i never had mine apart but there is a philips screw on it u will see if u take that out i imagine u can get into it to see what is wore out i dont think its a spring in there..

it probally has a spring inside where it swivels in/out! it might just be worn out to though!

There should be a spring inside. There should also be a little BB looking ball in there to lock it into place (it sits on top of the compressed spring). I repaired mine using a bic click pin spring cut down and a BB it does not flop around anymore. Also don't forget to put a new o-ring in there.

Easy fix don't wast your money buying a whole new kick lever