kennedy's port & polish

quam

Jan 26, 2008
had kennedy_power do my p&p and headwork (as well as a bore and hone) last week. got her back together and took her out for a run sunday and holy sh*t!! def has a ton more juice. she's like a whole new bike. i was able to keep up w/ an experienced rider on a 400ex. granted, he weighs twice my bodyweight, but i wasn't able to keep up nearly as close before. i've got a little more fine tuning to do to get her perfect, but i can tell a huge difference in her power band even though he didn't take off even close to as much material as flotek's pictures in his thread. kennedy ported the jug and milled the head in all the right places.
you can really feel the bike come alive in the power band. right at the top, she'll just jump and the front end comes off the ground! and this was a pretty conservative p&p.....i'm primarily a trail rider so i wanted more bottom end than anything else, but i've still gotten a huge increase in the ENTIRE band. can't say enough how happy i am w/ the power.

as far as the cons....hate to do this, but i'd like to give an honest review. the only negative i can mention is the service......communication was a little slow, and it took about 5 or 6 days longer than he originally told me. but the prices were good for the machining and also for the small parts i ordered from him.
overall, a great mod and a very educated and informed guy to get machine work from. he spent about 45 min on the phone w/ me answering my questions and giving me the details and numbers behind what he was gonna do.
highly recommended.

Thanks for the honest review. I am happy that the bike does what you wanted and expected it to do from my work. There are many shops that spend too much time porting the intake and they seem to forget that the reeds can only flow so much. I spent several hours and dynamometer time getting my billet Vito’s cylinder with a +4mm stroke crank to make 120hp at 10,000 to 12,000rpm. The biggest problem with that engine was getting the reeds to flow to match what the engine needed for air flow.
The price I charge for porting is $200.00 for the Blaster cylinder.
The cylinder head must be cut correctly, and it’s not just cutting the cylinder head gasket surface. It involves cutting the correct squish band angle, length, bowl radius, and squish clearance.
The price for the total package would be $200.00 for the port work, $50.00 for the head moods, and 50.00 for the bore and hone job.
I would prefer that you send questions to my email kennedypowersports@gmail.com or blaster forum web site. If you are interested in my work then I will give you a call.
Thanks

Thanks for the honest review. I am happy that the bike does what you wanted and expected it to do from my work. There are many shops that spend too much time porting the intake and they seem to forget that the reeds can only flow so much. I spent several hours and dynamometer time getting my billet Vito’s cylinder with a +4mm stroke crank to make 120hp at 10,000 to 12,000rpm. The biggest problem with that engine was getting the reeds to flow to match what the engine needed for air flow.
The price I charge for porting is $200.00 for the Blaster cylinder.
The cylinder head must be cut correctly, and it’s not just cutting the cylinder head gasket surface. It involves cutting the correct squish band angle, length, bowl radius, and squish clearance.
The price for the total package would be $200.00 for the port work, $50.00 for the head moods, and 50.00 for the bore and hone job.
I would prefer that you send questions to my email kennedypowersports@gmail.com or blaster forum web site. If you are interested in my work then I will give you a call.
Thanks

Kennedy, do you have any dyno sheets you can put up from some of your different setups?

hey that's a good idea....
he said in another thread that he wants to post up a bunch of dyno runs w/ different pipes too.
that'd be very educational.

i was just talking to kennedy_power about the stroker last night. we were talking about the spacer vs milling the head.
def wanna go w/ the machining....using the spacer throws your port timing all off.
shoot kennedy a pm, he's very well educated and extremely experienced w/ 2strokes.
in fact he was telling me about the banshee he built w/ like 120hp.....f*cking A dude. that'd be a nasty ride!

That banshee engine is a Vito billet cylinder with a 68mm bore and a +4mm crank. That project was one of the toughest projects ever!
I spent hours on that engine and building a pipe to rev out to 12000 RPM to get 120hp
I would never tell anyone how we did it; way too much money and time to just give that one away. LOL
Will be taking it to planet sand drag next april

Sorry man, I will not post pics of that cylinder, pipe or cylinder head design
Like I said it took for ever to get that engine set up right. The exhaust port width is 91% of the bore diameter. It took a lot of time to figure out how to get the rings and pistons from being hurt from the HUGE exhaust port. The transfer tunnels are huge and the intake had to be changed. I had to weld up the intakes to change from the banshee reeds to the Honda 250r reeds.

i've seen that cylinder, i dont know a whole lot about port specs and such...but that cylinder (if its teh one im thinking) is f*cking awesome..its a badass setup...didnt know you got that running...i'd like to see it running too....hahaha

angus is a stand up guy...knows his sh*t, courtious, sometimes tho people get busy. he has a day job too...so you just gotta be patient sometimes...probly why the communication was slow...pretty sure he still answered your questions and everything...

angus you put thta billet block setup back together? definatley alot of portwork in that billet block cylinder.

Sorry man, I will not post pics of that cylinder, pipe or cylinder head design
Like I said it took for ever to get that engine set up right. The exhaust port width is 91% of the bore diameter. It took a lot of time to figure out how to get the rings and pistons from being hurt from the HUGE exhaust port. The transfer tunnels are huge and the intake had to be changed. I had to weld up the intakes to change from the banshee reeds to the Honda 250r reeds.

nice work´s i see in this forum from you kennedy_Power...91% of the bore is to big the piston almost jump inside the exaust port :p i know one way to do that kind of job´s ;)

120hp in a banshee is hard to ride heheh

continue with the nice job´s congratulations

sounds like he did some nice work.
i wonder if he would do some work for me to help get my blaster come alive.
I was told by my brother, nick, to tell you, kennedy, to hook me up. You think you and do that?

i know he can do it but i am trying to talk to him about the price, my brother told me that he owes him a favor and i can cash it in