keeping it quiet

Arctic_Blaster

Aug 20, 2010
I need to quite down my plaster is has a cobra pipe and silencer one right now but the neigbors dont seem to like it and love calling the cops, so i need suggestions on how to quiet it down for when im not riding trails and just riding my 2 acres

im pretty sure this cobra is packed i can see right through it no baffles in their, and haha ill do anything reasonable that is removable that isnt a huge power decrease, if you wanna call that redneck haha and the silencer inst rednecks rigged either i bought it like this and looks like it was made for it

im pretty sure this cobra is packed i can see right through it no baffles in their, and haha ill do anything reasonable that is removable that isnt a huge power decrease, if you wanna call that redneck haha and the silencer inst rednecks rigged either i bought it like this and looks like it was made for it

if u can see through it your packing is prolly burnt out

ok so its pakced then so its really easy to drill out the rivets and replace. usually new paking if its really bad will make it a lot quieter

well ill look into repacking but i need a rivet gun so ill need to borrow one, any temperary solutions, haha one of my buddys has a 250 chines wheeler and he just took a metal cylinder and drilled a smaller hole in it the its slips around his silencer and uses a hose clamp to secure kinda redneck but it works

yeah thats what i was thinking but it was just an idea cause with more back pressure in the winter isnt nessasarily bad cause it will run leaners if i dont change my jets 1 up

haha sorry i read that again and didnt make much sense, but in the winter it will run leaner so more back pressure would be a bad thing would it? just make it run richer