KAWASAKI MOJAVE IS FASTER!!!!

Man, I can't believe some of the chatter on this thread.

Think about it...it doesn't matter if it's a 2 stroke, 4 stroke, or a 3 million stroke...it's all about power to weight ratio and gearing.
If his bike has 22hp and mine has 17 and the gearing is close, then it's going to be no contest. He does have a 40lb weight penalty or so, but that's not enough to keep him from running off once he gets up to speed.

Let me shed some more light on this. Anyone know anything about drag racing?
Ever heard of trap speed? Trap speed is a function of the horsepower of the motor, not the torque. Torque is how fast you get there...horsepower is how fast you are going when you get there.
His bike, given his higher horsepower, will always win. I'll bet you he has more torque than a blaster too.
I might be down on power a bit...I have some piston slap, and the top end isn't fresh, but I'm not down that much.

Dirtyblaster...to answer your question...no, I don't suck at riding. I have tried several approaches to the race...rolling starts, holeshots, winding out each gear, short shifting each gear...you name it. I have had the most success short shifting the bike since, as you well know, the powerband on the stock machine flattens off as it tries to rev out.

Our racing takes place on somewhat loose fields. We are each running about 6.5 psi in our tires...his are mud grips, mine are kenda klaws with the tread oriented for softer terrain...both sets of tires are new.

What I won't do is power shift the bike without the clutch no matter what advantage it gains...I don't want to abuse the gears like that...

Last edited:
i know of a mojave that would beat a 1100 huyabusa, so you can have excuses for anything, but until you lay out specs and show whats bean done to both, miles on them, sloppy this or that no one really knows, this mojave has a cb 600 rocket motor in it and power to weight its so fast nothing can touch it, i see him race a kaleva drag strip in kaleva, mi and he is definatly the fastest with a time of like 6.8 seconds or something, he came closest to tying with a 67 chevell, it had a 502 crate motor and about 1300hp. so in other words, dont talk sh*t till you know what your talking about. i could make a pedal bike beat you mojave and your blaster, just give me a blaster motor, or a mojave motor and a welder. these guys arent dumb, just take there advice, mojaves are ok, blasters are better, in my opinion, but actual stock for stock out of the factory i think the mojave would win ad a pipe to the blaster, no contest, blaster takes it every time, its all the little things too.

Anyone that hasn't owned or raced a mojave dont have much room to talk in this thread because apparently they have no clue what they are saying haha

anyways mojave does have a nice power plant with its liquid cooled DOHC motor...i owned a mojave an i swear i will never own another every 3-6 days something had to be replaced on the motor....as far as the blaster goes the blaster is deff quicker/faster then the mojave....the blaster has more restrictive parts on it then you could shake a stick at while the mojave doesn't have a restrictive carb its plenty big where the blaster does with its extremly small 26mm carb.....now you take the restrivtive parts off the blaster an add better ones there you go no mojave is going to touch you...but you leave that extremly restrictive exhaust on there you might as well not even race the mojave your just gonna embarass yourself

my friend owned one before but i think he sold it a long time ago, they are ok but they don't shift right half the time and it was a pain in the ass to put it in neutreal.

i almost got one instead of my blaster, but the reverse cable was frozen, and it was in roough shape. the guy road it on the side off rail road tracks in like the middle of city ahah he was asking 1600 and it was an 01' so i was nvr mind. then i saw my blaster! lol

4 strokes just own. not dissing 2 stroke but i mean they have to make 4 strokes able to be better or just as good as 2 strokes.... since they dot make most 2 strokes no more.

gonna get me that farting sound 4 poke lol they sound good though.

i like the sound of a piped 4 stroke.

a friend of mine has a mojave 250 and both my modified blaster and my sons stock blaster absolutely blow it's doors off.
they guy doesn't have a chance.

so i don't know maybe the one you are racing against has been modified???

I mean geeze mine absolutely screams, i have raced the 300ex and the suzuki ltz400 and haven't lost them yet.

however when i race the ltz 400 with my sons' stock blaster the ltz wins.
and when racing his stock blaster against the 300ex it's an even race.

you oughtta mod that blaster a little if you haven't already.

idiots how bout in the trails u suck in trails too? my friend has a mojave beats me in fields but im so far in front of him theres no catching me.. blaster has way more torque what size tires are his and what size are urs?

LMAO, this kinnda retarded i think, every one start lookin for vids, then it will be settled!!!

i dont get why you guys are hating on the four strokes, i like them, but i like two stroke too

seriously, this thread is MAD old

Now HOLD ON SKIPPY, I own each!! the Mojave sucked azz when I first got it, placed a Big Gun EVO on it, Play Cams and 11 to 1 piston, 36mm carb Front Work Shocks and a Custom Rear Raptor modified shock by TCS and BTW the Blaster has the same Mod Shockon it too, that Mojave screams the 280 kit pulls hard in the midrange and is water cooled and revs to 9000 rpm, now im doing the Blaster see what happens next (Vforce reeds 30mm pwk carb milled head lightly ported fmf fatty <--hey was cheap) I havent even played with tires and gearing yet

a friend of mine has a mojave 250 and both my modified blaster and my sons stock blaster absolutely blow it's doors off.
they guy doesn't have a chance.

so i don't know maybe the one you are racing against has been modified???

I mean geeze mine absolutely screams, i have raced the 300ex and the suzuki ltz400 and haven't lost them yet.

however when i race the ltz 400 with my sons' stock blaster the ltz wins.
and when racing his stock blaster against the 300ex it's an even race.

you oughtta mod that blaster a little if you haven't already.

i woudl like to see a vid of this

Lets think bout the specs guys... Mojave 250cc LIQUID cooled four stroke. so ok this motor probably been used on its 250cc ninjas! that is why its such a reliable and legendary 4poke.. plus someone already said it spits out 22 horses strait stock!

Now... The Blaster 200cc 195cc AIR COOLED!!! it only spits out 17 horses, this may be a reason why stock blasters would lose to a mojave, but it could well be the rider. The mojave was built for racing back in the day. but really give the blaster a nice pipe and carb and a tad of port and its haulin ass. the cost might be at just 800bucks. and with this mods your whippin up on a mojave. But just know you gonna put in like 1500 just to get where the blaster will be.