Just my damn luck

DrywallDoc

Sep 29, 2015
I was installing the reedcage and intake manifold.
I put the cage on along with the 4 bolts.
I finger tightened the bolts
Went to tighten with ratchet and o e of the bolt broke off flush with the cylinder thread.

So now i have half the bolt stuck in the thread and nothing to grab to twist out.

Any ideas???? I thought about drilling the center of the screw?

https://www.amazon.com/Damaged-Screw-Remover-Set-Extractor/dp/B014SH8F3E

images.jpeg

Its meant for screws but ive had luck drilling the broken bolt and use on of these to back it out

look on the backside, if threads are sticking out, they can be grabbed with vise grips (one of their only uses)
and thread it right out that back side.

those easy outs posted above are my weapon of choice too :)

look on the backside, if threads are sticking out, they can be grabbed with vise grips (one of their only uses)
and thread it right out that back side.

those easy outs posted above are my weapon of choice too :)
I def need a set after this. And the thread doesnt go through to the backside. So i cant grab on to it anywhere. I think im going to remove the motor and try to drill it out

the few I have had to remove all broke free fairly easy.
if your patience doesn't allow for easy outs, chances are they break free and start threading out the backside while drilling
start small with the drill, and keep it centered off the aluminum threads.
once you get a hole started, the correct size wood screw may act as an easy out to get it threading out the back.
some PB blaster or other lube, and a little heat on the aluminum may help too

the few I have had to remove all broke free fairly easy.
if your patience doesn't allow for easy outs, chances are they break free and start threading out the backside while drilling
start small with the drill, and keep it centered off the aluminum threads.
once you get a hole started, the correct size wood screw may act as an easy out to get it threading out the back.
some PB blaster or other lube, and a little heat on the aluminum may help too
Thats exactly what i plan to do. Ill report back in a couple hrs.

That sucks dude. Hope you get it out safely. I have had to remove broken screws on a front master cylinder res before and that sucked getting m3 bolts out when they flush snap is no fun. Why on earth they use screw driver heads on there is silly. I always change them it allen key ones. Screw driver heads strip to easy.