just had left side engine caseing changed now my blaster is back fireing and running bad

My concern that it was not leak tested was in your best interest.

I possibly has no relation to the spark problem, but if you fix the spark, start it and ride with an air leak, you will have a bigger problem!

Maybe you could have broken the HT wire where it goes into the plug boot.

Take the boot off by unscrewing it and cut off about 1/2" of the wire, then screw to boot back on.

There is a possibility that the Woodruff key has been sheared from multiple backfires, you may find that you need to lap the flywheel.
Yeh thanks mate I will defo do a leak test b4 I ride I just want to get it sparking again and I tried that with ht lead as I have known a few things to do it with the wire also new ht cap aswell no joy lap the fly wheel what is that and im going to get the fly wheel took back off tomorrow were I had case changed and will be there with him so can check the woodruff key sorry to be a pest but if this is stil not my problem what could the worse case scenario be many thanks again blaaster

I possibly has no relation to the spark problem, but if you fix the spark, start it and ride with an air leak, you will have a bigger problem!

Take the boot off by unscrewing it and cut off about 1/2" of the wire, then screw to boot back on.

There is a possibility that the Woodruff key has been sheared from multiple backfires, you may find that you need to lap the flywheel.
Yeh thanks mate I will defo do a leak test b4 I ride I just want to get it sparking again and I tried that with ht lead as I have known a few things to do it with the wire also new ht cap aswell no joy lap the fly wheel what is that and im going to get the fly wheel took back off tomorrow were I had case changed and will be there with him so can check the woodruff key sorry to be a pest but if this is stil not my problem what could the worse case scenario be many thanks again blaaster

And sorry to again but what psi should I be looking for on leak test

IMG

Reactions: ross
Lapping the flywheel consists of putting some fine valve grinding paste on the taper of the crankshaft, placing the flywheel on, ( without the key), and revolving the flywheel back and forth.

When the flywheel turns more freely as the paste gets broken up, take off the flywheel, wipe out the used paste and inspect.

The grooves should now be flattened out.

If there are still grooves, repeat the operation until good mating surfaces are made.

Be sure to wash off all, and I mean all of the grinding paste.

I like to finalise by using a Duco cutting compound No 3 for the final lap.

Tension the nut to 53 ft lbs, do not use Loctite, it is not the nut that holds it on, it is the pressure applied to the tapers.

Make sure that you have the washer under the nut.

Ok thanks blaaster I will get the leek test done tomorrow and get him to lap the fly wheel I was thinking new loom incase water has got in and blew something the quad has bin sat in the garden for a few week with engine out and loom is taped up all over the place to be honest just cant understand why started run fine cut it out then was running but popping and farting and today had a spark but went to shop for new plug come back no spark lol driving me insane

I have known plugs to be bad out of the box!
I thought that aswell I bought 2 just incase there was excess fuel an fouled the first one up i was that confident it was not sparking I holded the plug no shock but little finger in surpressor cap still no shock took supressor cap of and holded end or ht lead no shock

Had fly wheel of today woodruff key had sheared bought one for £2.95 popped it in kicked it over cracked straight up and runs fine thanks alot blaaster and every 1 else great forum