Just bought my first blaster!

Razberry

Oct 21, 2010
Montgomery, AL
Hey. I just bought my first blaster. I stubbled across this deal for $100 and a xbox 360. It is currently a project but in over all pretty good shape. I am sure to have it maken trails soon. I am from Montgomery, AL and just moved to a new house with a great place to ride so I had to get something to play on of course. I am going to be looking for some advice to get the best performance out of it. First off though, I have to get it running. When I got it, the guy said that he had bought a used reed valve and installed it but in the process broke off one of the bolts and it ran for about 20 minutes and died and he could not get it to start back. It has compression but I don't have a guage so I don't know how much, and it has fuel and spark but I think that it may have been leaking air so last night I pulled the carb and reed valve just to take a look. The gasket was in bad shape and I got the broken bolt out. I bought a new bolt and gasket and new spark plug today. I'll be putting that on after work and see it that fixes my problem. If not I'll be back at the drawing board.

welcome aboard man, first thing i would do is get a compression tester and check the compression. you need around 100 to run decent 120+ is good

Welcome, you'll find all the help & advice you'll ever need right here! Lots of great people & info!

welcome bro! thats a pretty sweet deal you got, an xbox and $100 bucks, not bad. first things first, PICS!!! after a while you'll realize that pics are probably the most important thing here. so, Pics are very welcome here

try typing a very short message like Hi!. It will tell you that your message cannot be processed because it has to be at least 15 characters long. People, to get around that requirement type a short message and say 15151515 at the end to make it long enough to go through.