Just bought my first 4 wheeler

Jul 13, 2011
Hello to all on the board. I just picked up a 02 blaster for $700 yesterday. It was well taken care of and looks great. I took it out on some state trails today and was very pleased with its performance. I'm 39 so I don't want anything that's going to go insanely fast anymore. My Honda 350x days are over. I would like to ask what are some of the issues on these machines if any. When its sitting idling it has a slight rattle to the engine. Is this something that's indicative with 2 strokes?

the rattle is normal. its music to blaster owners ears lol. keep you tools close and spare parts closer lol you gonna need them. i think i wrench on mine more then i ride it but thats the fun of it all. run good oil and 93. make sure she has no air leaks and the bike is jetted right. she would last you a while.

the rattle is normal. its music to blaster owners ears lol. keep you tools close and spare parts closer lol you gonna need them. i think i wrench on mine more then i ride it but thats the fun of it all. run good oil and 93. make sure she has no air leaks and the bike is jetted right. she would last you a while.

ive had great luck with mine. Only carnage i have had is broken reed and the other little things is stuff i have caused by trying to mod.

thats because you ride it like a sally

haha dont think so. go big or go home. If you rode with me all u would see is my arse

and to the original post is the oil injection still on? is so i would remove that and mix 32:1 ratio. Also the tors still hooked up? If the air box lid is off or has a a/m parts on it then it needs to be jetted.

i say if your not lookin for speed and its running good then just keep things the way they are and enjoy it. i would check the plug to make sure its jetted right but other then that have fun with it

The guy I bought it off had it at the dealer and they tuned it up. It ran great today. Its fast enough for me. What is Tors?
What causes that slight rattle?

The rattle is from several things. The way the exhaust is mounted, cooling fins, and just how two strokes are. Ever noticed how a weedwacker or chain saw sounds? If you like how it is leave it alone. You will want to mod it soon enough.
350X is a three wheel, correct? I had a 185 tip over at a crawl one time.

TORS is throttle over ride system. Its suppose to shut off fuel if the throttle is stuck wide open.It usally dont work over time and causes electrical headaches.

TORS is throttle over ride system. Its suppose to shut off fuel if the throttle is stuck wide open.It usally dont work over time and causes electrical headaches.

Yea, I just got a blaster and the TORS is the biggest joke I have ever seen. The TORS on my Polaris is built into the throttle, which is extremely simple. The TORS on the blaster had to be removed before it would fire, guess it was broken.

Im new too...picked up the 02 blaster for 450 (supposedly needed rings). He threw in an 85 350x project and a 1992 polaris trailboss minus the rear axle and an 85 atc 110 running with oil leak...came home with what my wife called junk. The blaster wound up having the air fuel screw bottomed out, backed it off a turn and a half runs geat. Found a complete swingarm for the trailboss along with the belt and secondary clutch on ebay for 199 bucks, so now im officially bit by the bug.....anyone lookin for a 350x hit me up i need blaster parts

Hello to all on the board. I just picked up a 02 blaster for $700 yesterday. It was well taken care of and looks great. I took it out on some state trails today and was very pleased with its performance. I'm 39 so I don't want anything that's going to go insanely fast anymore. My Honda 350x days are over. I would like to ask what are some of the issues on these machines if any. When its sitting idling it has a slight rattle to the engine. Is this something that's indicative with 2 strokes?

39 and you don't want to go fast ?

Im new too...picked up the 02 blaster for 450 (supposedly needed rings). He threw in an 85 350x project and a 1992 polaris trailboss minus the rear axle and an 85 atc 110 running with oil leak...came home with what my wife called junk. The blaster wound up having the air fuel screw bottomed out, backed it off a turn and a half runs geat. Found a complete swingarm for the trailboss along with the belt and secondary clutch on ebay for 199 bucks, so now im officially bit by the bug.....anyone lookin for a 350x hit me up i need blaster parts

My wife wasn't to keen on me bringing home "junk" either. But then I parted out a couple of machines and fixed and sold 3 machines now for a decent profit. She doesn't complain anymore because that habit supports my blaster habit, lol. I've stuck $4000 into my blaster, good thing my ATV habit pays for my blaster habit.
I would be interested in the 350x but your a bit to far away. I grew up on a 350x and I'm still alive!

The builder said I should be around 37 hp. I opened up the porting even more when I got the jug back, so its hard to say what exactly its making.

From what I see in your sig, your probably no higher then the real low 30's. Maybe around 30-31.

he is probably closer to 35 man. for the setups you and i have we probably have around highs 20's low 30's with the ported stock stroke.

definitely ain't pushing 40 with an fmf pipe though.