Jetting

DeJay126

Apr 7, 2012
Leechburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Since my last post (where I blew the engine) about 2 months ago I have had some work done to the blasty. I know how to jet an engine, my only concern is that once I do my heat cycles I HAVE TO ride about 10 miles on roads to get to a place that I do my plug chops. So, I want to know what you guys think about a main jet to start off (bigger to be safe) to get to where I do my plug chops without the engine going kerplunk on me again! Here are my mods. Fmf Powercore 2 Silencer and Fatty Pipe, Airbox Lid Off, Triple Exhaust Ports, and a Head mod. PSI is at 150. Keep in mind, I know how to plug chop.. I just want to make sure that I have a bigger jet than I need to get where I'm going then do the plug chops with all the jets. Thanks Guys!!

IMO.... thats too long of a road ride before jetting is confirmed.
that long of a road ride has been the demise of many a blaster.
sounds like the first 500' is pefrect for a plug chop ?
if you absolutely HAVE TO ride all that way ?
i'd throw a 320/310 in there for these temps, and take it very easy getting there, definately no long sustained wide open throttle, or even same rpm's to get there, keep varying the throttle and speed, take a few extra plugs.

good luck

You have to get up a reasonable speed so that you can get the motor to pull strongly.

Then hold it Wide Open Throttle (WOT) for 10 secs or as long as you can.

The idea is not to get speed but to make it pull strong at full throttle to get onto the main jet curcuit.

I find I can safely do it on a short run by applying the brakes some.

If you have not enough room you can use 4th or 5th gear with good results.