Jetting

B14573r

Jul 31, 2007
NJ
I know i asked this before, and pitboss i think u said like 160-170 main, but on e2s, Denny, another experienced mechanic siad this "well a 155 keihin jet is roughly a 320 mikuni jet ... so yeah your way too rich ,id try that 148 main jet needle in middle and 48 pilot if it was me" Im not dissing either of your skills. There is a big difference in the numbers, so i was wondering, since i run a 310 jet, if i should try for a 150 jet instead. Also, do u think a 52 pilot would be ok?

I'm not sure of the exact size for size from the Mikuni to Keihin. I will say that "WE" run our bikes with Keihin carbs and a 35-38 pilot since it controls the idle to around 1/8 throttle, anything else is getting on the rich side. You could get away with a 40.

In the middle of summer with the heat and humidity, our airbox with all of the engine mods, we are running a 155 main. As the temp drops every 10 degrees, I will go up 1 size on the main.

so u think a 150 would be a good starting point, i have to get all my jets with a 25$ gift card off of magic racing thats all i got so i wana be sure i got it right

I assume you have a Keihin carb, and no a 150 with this temp would not be good. If your lid is on the airbox start with a 160 at least.

Just an add on

There is no "factual" correlation of the Mik and Keihin jets. The idle set/plunger of the Keihin creates a diff. fuel curve than the static Mik. While a rule of thumb for a ceratin engine can be had it's not consistant for the carbs for all app's.

Add to that all engines are diff. get a starting point like PB confirmed and you need to work it in.

There is a fella out in Ca. who won't let me reprint his data, but has accumulated 1000's of carb set ups for 2 strokes. He has real life data and like motors sitting right next to eachother can have a diff. set ups. It's all up to the operator on how you want it to perform and you are the best tell of it working or not. I'll see if he will let me link to his site, but, I owe him one and will honor his wishes. He's worked about as long as I have been alive on them. He's starting to put stuff to print/net.

BTW, humidity is a ball buster. He had info on watercraft and swamp buggies and sh*t. You get upwards of 90-100% humidity and it's insane where the set ups go.

I hate carbs.

I want a fuel injected Blaster!

A