jetting

2smoker85

Dec 13, 2008
Edgewater MD
i have an 02 blaster mods listed, what is the proper jetting for my mods, currently have 152 main, 55 pilot, what woul you reccomend, it is idling perfect, but have to high rev from neutral to first, then it is really sluggish and almost dies, then it picks up like a rat on crack, shift to second bogs and almost dies have to downshift to first.:">

I had a similar problem when i cut holes in airbox. i had to patch the holes and return things back to when it was perfect and still have to rev it to get it to take off. i slowly keep tuning the air in screw. stock is 1.5 turns out. if you start like 4 turns out, then ride down street. carry small flat head and keep turning in 1/2 turn. this will mess up topend too so you will have to get a feel for it. also try limiting and or giving carb more air. more fuel needs more air. adjust the idle screw on the top of carb last. the air screw is right by the fuel in hose in case your unsure. im sure you know what i mean. if all else fails you dont have your carb jetted to the pipe your running properly and i dont have the knowledge to calibrate that. hope this helps bro

mine had the same exact problem when i put on the new 34 carb, try raising the clip on the needle one slot and playing with the air screw.

did all this, aluminum airbox, with k&n, the clip is at the top right now, i did it one by one trying to get it run, played with the air screw, i know a lot about the blaster and you guys have been amazingly helpful, i've done everything i could possibly do. now i don't know, i am going to change the slide needle out this weekend.

well it wasn't the jetting, it was the choke, it wasn't shutting off, there was a grommet for the choke assembly that was missing.

glad to see you figured it out, 2-strokes are very tempermental

lol yeah, you are telling me i have so much time wrapped up in trying to tune it, every night after work for 2 weeks 5 hrs or so trying to get it right, and it was the matter of a little grommet in the choke, i am kind of po d about it.