Jetting suggestion

Drk_rider

Oct 5, 2011
kansas
Ok Just about done with the 3mm Big bore blaster. Need a bit o help on where to start with the jetting. I have never had this blaster running so I dont know how it ran before the new mods. I cant read the main jet but the pilot is stock at 32.5
Mods are:
3 mill crank
Vitos BB bored out to 72.5mm
FMF Fatty full exhaust
K&N filter stock airbox no lid
Ride the great plains in Kansas with trips to Wynoka

Where should I start?

Last edited:
i'd start with a larger carb for a 3mil stroker BBK

Ok Just about done with the 3mm Big bore blaster. Need a bit o help on where to start with the jetting. I have never had this blaster running so I dont know how it ran before the new mods. I cant read the main jet but the pilot is stock at 32.5
Mods are:
3 mill crank
Vitos BB bored out to 72.5mm
FMF Fatty full exhaust
K&N filter
Ride the great plains in Kansas with trips to Wynoka

Where should I start?

by shopping for a Bigger carb! lol.
Stock 26mm? any port work? filter set-up; pod or other?

Crap meant to put that in.

Air box with no lid.

Ya bigger carb is next upgrade that is planned. Not sure which to get. Not a big fan of the kehin but airstryker seems nice.
Would like to find a nice flat slide mikuni.

Crap meant to put that in.

Air box with no lid.

Ya bigger carb is next upgrade that is planned. Not sure which to get. Not a big fan of the kehin but airstryker seems nice.
Would like to find a nice flat slide mikuni.

try a 300-310 main and see where that puts you. prolly a bit rich but its a safe place to start. needle in the middle with your same pilot. also, pm yamaha28, hes got a 34mm mikuni tm for sale for a good price.

AH good lookin out. Ill PM him.

What difference would a right bend pipe make and why?

ooofff, there is DEFINITELY a powa increase with a right bend. the fmf is a great pipe for stock and lighly modded motors. i ran one for quite a while and it made a huge difference in low to mid power! the right bend offers a much broader power band thru-out the range. not as much down low as the fmf but from just off low (med) to high it pulls like a TRAIN!