Jetting Question

olds68cutty

Nov 22, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
Hey guys i got a question. I got a 2000 Blaster recently that came with a k&n high flow and pro circuit pipe and silencer. When i start it i open the choke and let it idle for awhile. once warm ill push in the choke and it dies ever time even when warm or hot. I recently cleaned out the carb like shown in other post. that seemed to help but problem is still there. ive tried adjusting the idle air screw but i do not notice a change in idle. the carb is stock. do you think i need to change my jet to help my setup and possibly do a rebuild of the carb? also kinda of a dumb question but what octane would you run given my setup?

i always run 93 octane, but if you dont have porting or head milled ur probably alright with 87.

if it wasn't jetted, you definitely need to put a bigger main jet in there with those mods... take the airbox lid off too and go with like a 280 or something to start. put the air screw at 1.5 turns out from the whole way in. the idle is adjusted with a thumb screw on the top of the tors box on top of the carb. take ur seat off and lift that piece of rubber right behind ur tank and u'll see it.

ive been looking on the forum for more about the airbox removal. when i remove my seat i see the filter. am i removing the box under the filter?

ALso the idle screw thats under the seat is attached to the microswitch on the tors system right? i removed my tors system so doesnt that remove the idle screw?

Last edited: