jetting help new parts

ngellerbusch

Jul 8, 2013
Not sure what my main jet is no jumbers on what was originally there. Here is what i am running. Stock bore fmf gold series fatty pipe fmf turbine core two silancer vforce4 reeds knn filter with no air box top. Will be running 32 to 1 what main jey should i start with. Yes i will be doing plug chops.

Found out it had a 350 jet in it. Hoping i didnt screw anything up running it 32 to 1. Just waiting on a full gasket kit and working on making a leak tester just having an issue finding a rubber cork the right size without a hole in it.

I have a 350 320 300 280 270 250. Ive read through parts of the jetting stickies but dont have a computer and it sucks doing this on my phone. The guy i bought it from said it was rebuit recently is this why he may had been running it with a 350 with my set up? I just bought it not sure if i want to jump into riping the jug off and inspecting the rest of it. Because if it comes apart id want to do more but itching to get it running again.

Ok so i got it all back together i went with a 320 jet first to be safe and my idle speed has gone down quite a bit. Took it down the street once it was warm. Original owner premixed with yamalube and i swaped over to koltz r50. It pulls good through first and seconed bogged a little going into third but then smooth sailing through 456. Messed around with my pilot air screw a little but it got to late to mess with it more but i didnt notice much change in idle when adgjusting yes i let it sit to adjust after each tweek.

#300 is a good starting point, needle on middle clip.

Adjust the float level and set the idle, then proceed to plug chop.

Idle adjusting.

Set float level.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor to responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .