Jetting for different temps

blasterboy32

Jan 9, 2012
harrisburg, pennsylvania
I couldnt find another thread that stated how jetting has to change according to the temperature. Does it have to change up or down when the temp goes up or down and by how much does it have to change? Im jetting my quad for winter right now but am trying to figure how much it will have to change in the spring when it gets warm?

I beleave you have to rejet for every ten degree difference. You need to increase jet size for winter.

You can rejet every 10 degrees, rule of thumb is every 20 degrees go up one main jet size and plug chop. the only way to tell is to plug chop. It also depends on altitude, the higher you are the thinner the air, needing more air and fuel.Start with a 330 or 340 to be safe and plug chop. Here is a video for plug chop courtesy of quadsrus1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmqs1...ature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Make sure u plug chop if your chop looks good when its cold, it will just run a little rich when it warms up. Better than running to lean, it will give you piece of mind.

Yup. Jet for worst case then all you can do is go go rich and that's ok. You will probably not even notice it on how it is running. Always jet to worst case cold and you will be fine. In upper mi I deal with the same thing. Plug chop at the coldest and you will be fine.