JETTING FOR 28MM PWK w/ TOOMEY B1

regal81455

Dec 26, 2007
Can someone suggest where to start with the jetting on a mildly built blaster. Ive got a 28mm PWK w/ Toomey B1 exhaust. Other mods include pro design intake, pro design reed spacer, and k & n air filter. Ive spoken to Toomey about this and they said that they could not recommend a good jet for this setup since they've only tested on stock blasters! It seems that the bike runs great once i get into the 3rd + gears but low end seems to want to load up a bit. Ive pulled the carb apart and cleaned and checked for jet size but it has no stampings on it. I just don't want to mess things up, and i know jetting is important on any exhaust mod.

Thanks!

Josh

thanks..ill order the jets and pilots before and after the ones suggested....one quick question, how do you remove the needle for the slide?? pics would be a great help. exploded views and blaster service manual don't show much and i dont want to mess anything up.

thanks again!

ive had the carb apart but i left the slide hanging on the throttle cable, call me dumb if you must, but i did not see anything easy about disassembling the slide and needle assembly.

also, i assume the pilot jet is the same as a slow jet?

thanks again!

you pull the slide out, when u you push the throttle it pulls a cable which leads to the top of the carberator, when the slide open is cause air to come in and mix with fuel going into the combustion chamber

Maybe i mislead some people here but im very mechanically inclined, ive rebuilt my buick 455 twice and have built a 12 sec regal with it. im not dumb when it comes to understanding what the slide's purpose is. what i have not done is disassemble the slide assembly ( ie having a loose needle, retaining clip, slide and throttle cable detached ) thats what im after if anyone can steer me in the right direction as to how this is done so i can make needle changes and change clip locations on the needle that would be great.

Thanks again

you got a spring on top of the slide retract it you will see a forme inside the slide with screw remove the screw and you will see where the cable is fix remember to check the fixture with the screw to replace exactely as it was tell me if you need further help
!!!