Jetting a 35 mm air stryker

Hey awk could you go to my jetting a 35 mm air stryker and help me out bud im having a hell of a time getting it to idle

moved that post /\ from the other thread.

IMO.....you gotta get the #6 slide, the amount of air the slide lets pass thru the carb effects the amount available to the airscrew circut,
if the #4 slide is letting less air pass thru than the #6, thats less air available to pass thru the airscrew circut.
your 2-1/2 turns out to achieve high idle when tuning the airscrew/pilot circut, suggests you need a smaller pilot, thats due to the less air passing thru the #4 slide and airscrew circut ?
now that may not be a problem to go smaller, as long as the rpm's are not hanging when revved, and airscrew turns to achieve highest idle is under 2-1/2 turns, as you are matching the pilot to the air passing thru to create the proper air/fuel ratio, less air requires less fuel.
go smaller pilot as it is telling you too, or get the #6 slide.

re-read the tuning airscrew DIY and follow it exactly, the turns out tells you what it wants....
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet.51060/

for the record, I had a mx race team mechanic tell me they run 38 pilots :eek:
I run a 48 at 1.5 turns out for highest idle @ 1800'+ elevation

as mentioned before, check that the idle screw is actually raising the slide.

my PJ does not have an idle screw so I too have to use the cable to raise the slide, I feel no ill effects of doing so except the idle increases very slightly when the bars are cranked to the right.

I'd be willing to bet carb parts warehouse can beat your dealers price on a #6 slide ?
http://www.carbparts.com/keihin/pwk33_39parts.htm

That's where I bought my carb lol He would not exchange the slide and he told me he would sell me a slide at dealer cost which I guess is what he has to pay for them if I go leaner on the pilot will that effect the rest of the jetting range like another guy has told me? I really don't mind buying the slide if it effects the rest of the jetting range but I have heard a couple differnet things ive heard it effects nothing more than idle and ive heard it will effect the entire jetting range so what to do?

Problem solved I ended up unplugging the tors under the handle bars she idles like a dream now I did have to pull the spring off the idle adjustment. 42 pilot 2 turns out on a/f screw

ya I seen another guy on a forum say he had to do the same thing . My plastic screw has Teflon tape on the threads so its extra tight I doubt it will move at all.

I have a Keihin 35mm pwk but its not a air striker, on my CT240 with a 4mm stroker and a standard trail port.

#48 pilot jet and the idle air screw is 1 1/2 turns out.
#6 slide
DGH needle, middle clip position.
158 main.
I had to cut the idle screw spring almost in half to make it work.

Reactions: Awk08
I have a Keihin 35mm pwk but its not a air striker, on my CT240 with a 4mm stroker and a standard trail port.

#48 pilot jet and the idle air screw is 1 1/2 turns out.
#6 slide
DGH needle, middle clip position.
158 main.
I had to cut the idle screw spring almost in half to make it work.

Your jetting sounds very similar to mine. I could go down to a 48 pilot if I wanted to be perfect. But i'm on the bottom clip position of my CEL needle. Other than that, I'm the same.

Its about time that I got verification that it is necessary to modify the idle screw spring to get it to work. Thank you guys a lot for helping me clear that up.

Your jetting sounds very similar to mine. I could go down to a 48 pilot if I wanted to be perfect. But i'm on the bottom clip position of my CEL needle. Other than that, I'm the same.

Its about time that I got verification that it is necessary to modify the idle screw spring to get it to work. Thank you guys a lot for helping me clear that up.

You have a CEL needle, and that has a Leaner taper, a Richer length, and a Leaner diameter.

Don't know if you are still working on your jetting but with my similar setup I'm at:
50 pilot 2 1/2 turns
#6 slide
CEL needle bottom clip
160 main was a little lean on plug chop so I'm stepping up to a 165