jet size?

blastermaster94

Apr 11, 2011
northern florida
how do you know what size jets you have. also i was riding my blaster and after you get and the gas and let off it starts to die like its getting to much gas or not enough and if its just siting there it wont do it its only when your riding. so do i need to go up or down it jet size

Its hard to say what the problem is without more details about the bike. I usually would start with the routein things like air filter, plug, check gas. It could be as simple as turning up the idle or cleaning the carb. To check your jet sizes you need to remove the bowl from the bottom of the carb and look at them. They have small numbers on them. The main is the bigger looking one and the pilot is recessed ina hole and requires a small flathead to remove.

sounds like a bog? perhaps too rich, but if its just started doing it and you never changed anything to cause it, it may be an airleak. but check the sizes like surf mentioned

oh and the jet said ue2

???

there are 2 kinds of "richness" on a 2 stroke, there is 1: your air/fuel mix and 2: your fuel/oil mix.

if your bike is rich, you just add less oil right?? WRONG! set you fuel/oil mix at a set mix, 32:1 is a good ratio. use this to calculate your mixes
Gas Oil Mixture Ratio Calculator

once you consistantly use the same mix, you can adjust your air/fuel mix by changing your jet sizes.

you see, adding more oil makes the fuel more viscous meaning you need a bigger main jet, so if you mess up and mix less oil, your fuel is now thinner and more dilute and will make for a rich air/fuel ratio.

so the trick is to mix your gas carefully then adjust your main jet etc to get it right

did you give it plenty of time to dry after cleaning? and after oiling?
sorry for the repetative questions, just things needed for diagnosis.
im assuming that you have left plenty of drying time for the oil afetr being applied to the filter. on the can of pj-1 foam filter oil it says let sit overnight to alow proper drying or it will seep through the filter possibly gumming things up.

Last edited:
ok well on to the next step.
have you done a compression test?
how about a leakdown test?
these two tests are uber important if you want a well running machine.