Jeremy's 1996 Blaster Build (TON OF PICTURES)

The car was all there and was a stock looking baby blue 4 cylinder car without a hood and it had the 429 just stuffed in it with a big radiator and a C6 transmission. It was stupid to drive....I wanted to change it. Now im running a adjustable coil over full tubular front suspension with 95 V8 mustang spindles and brakes. I changed the rear to a 3:73 8.8" with a 31 spline full spool. I did a bunch of other stuff to. I built a sump for fuel tank and I need to plump all the AN line for the fuel and nitrous. Should be a different beast if I ever get to working on it....OH and its a 466 now. It was just a 429 when i was driving it around with the 4 cylinder tires....

Oh wow....that one went way over my head 89custom lol....

Anyway I actually made a little progress tonight. I am going to take the frame to work with me tomorrow and powerwash it and strip it.

DSCF1479.jpg

DSCF1483.jpg

What the hell hooks up to this? I am pretty sure I didnt take anything off of it....
DSCF1484.jpg

You talking about that black bracket right under where the gas tank goes..?? If so thats where the top of the header connects for support. I dont know about other headers but if you got an FMF Fatty or a stock it bolts on to there. Theres a little bracket on top of the header, they meet up and bolt together when installed.

I like the title of your build because my name is Jeremy and i am working on a 96 blaster full rebuild as well. Keep up the good work.

You talking about that black bracket right under where the gas tank goes..?? If so thats where the top of the header connects for support. I dont know about other headers but if you got an FMF Fatty or a stock it bolts on to there. Theres a little bracket on top of the header, they meet up and bolt together when installed.

Oh ok, I didnt think I took anything off of that. The previous owner had the pipe off already.

Well goodluck on your 1996 blaster build Jeremy! I:I

This is comming along pretty smooth now. I got the frame taken down to bare metal at work and when I got home I wiped it all down with some paint prep and sprayed the acid etching primer on it.

DSCF1489.jpg

DSCF1495.jpg

I did find the bracket for the front fenders was broke on one side so I welded that back together before spraying it with primer...

nice to see that you are making some progress I painted my kx125's frame last nite and came out good but prep work was the most work on it how far you with the motor?

I have completely finished painting the frame. My basement looks ridiculous with the a-arms, heel guards, brake pedal, grab bar, bumper and 2 brackets hanging up.... I will get some pictures up tomorrow. I have the case halves together but thats the only progress I have made. I am waiting on the seals and gaskets to show up. I am leaning heavily towards flotek to do my top end, he is the only one that has returned my pm's and emails.

So I finally got some new pictures up of the frame all painted. They came out weird. I dont know if its my garage lighting or the camera flash. Its been raining and snowing and sh*tty here in Iowa. If the sun ever comes out I will get some pictures of her in the yard. These pics make it look really light colored I think.

DSCF1507.jpg

DSCF1501.jpg

DSCF1504.jpg

hey man, i'm gonna go pick one up tomorrow, when we get finished up with both of them we may have to go riding somewhere