iwant a oil cooler

i use belray gearsaver 90w gear oil in my trans and amsoil sabre mixed 100:1 in my gas. i used to run maxima oil in my gas, but i switched to amsoil just cause i like it better. and i think a rad valve is a type of reed valve. made by boysen i believe. someone correct me if i am wrong...

i use belray gearsaver 90w gear oil in my trans and amsoil sabre mixed 100:1 in my gas. i used to run maxima oil in my gas, but i switched to amsoil just cause i like it better. and i think a rad valve is a type of reed valve. made by boysen i believe. someone correct me if i am wrong...

u are right about the boysen rad but thats what im goin with belray its like 25 dollars down here

awesome. i have absolutely no complaints. when i got the bike i wasnt so impressed, but as soon as i removed my reed stops, i was alot happier

You can use a whole bunch of different types of transmission fluids.

Belray is a 90W "gear oil", it's just specified for use with wet clutches.

ATF is about $3 a quart and works great too. It up to you about how much you want to spend on keeping your transmission happy.

A boyesen rad valve is a on piece intake manifold and reed valve assembly. It has a smaller throat diameter than a factory intake manifold for "greater velocity" for more low end torque. Super Noober runs one, he wasn't so impressed until he took a dremel and opened it up. Then it came alive. One thing the rad valve offers than none of the other do is only one sealing surface.

Moto tassinari V-Force 3 reeds are notorious for leaking at the gasket area because the frame is made from plastic and occasionally has casting issues with the sealing surface.

For a set of replacement reeds, however, they offer the greatest flow increase with a simple bolt on modification (which is why they are on everyone "must-do" list). There are other ways to get even more flow but not with the ability to simply switch back if you don't like them.

As for gear oil or any oil i run mobil 1 4T or amsoil and amsoil always in my premix.

As for the coolerr ive actually already thought about this and worked it out and it can be done but is more of just a "WOW" factor than a practical mod that would be beneficial.

I actually have all the stuff to do it but havent (had issues with my 240BBk but all is good now) but yes it can be done i was going to and still eventually am going to drill and tap the clutch cover for my pick up and return lines rather than the case but while i had my lower end apart did see a perfect spot on the case to return the cooled gear oil very close to the gears.the rest was a small automotive tranny cooler with a small 295cfm electric fan that only pulls 4 amps and an electric inline fuel pump i belive that puts out around 7-10psi.

The only issue ive not adressed is the charging circuit since you would want a small battery to keep the pump flowing at peak while it was running.I considered running the pump like the lights are no battery just a switch on/off and checking to see how much it flows at idle not that idle matters much since who the hell is idling much?lol

In short yes it can be done.is it necessary?no.would it be neat?yes.

I don't think anybody asked this yet so does anybody know yamaha added the base for an oil cooler on the clutch side cover..

There is a place for a water pump on the clutch cover from the dt 200 conversion I run belray for case oil. I have heard that you not suppose to use ATF because of the friction modifiers? Either way I pay 7 bucks a quart for belay either at the stealership or buy a bunch at once from rocky mountain atv and aft is 4-5 and I know the belray works

belray or lucas 75w are the best suck it up and spill the few buck..my trany and clutch look the way they rolled off the line..they also have great heat resistance and dont break down as easily as the motor oil the manual recommends

hahah i was simply stating that reguular oil will work. I would never pay the 25 bucks for bel ray, but luckily its alot cheaper here and after my build is done, that is what i will use.