I've incountered yet another problem!

Corey

Oct 4, 2009
Lynnwood, WA
Okay so I just took my stock pipe off of my blaster to clean it and service it, etc. But once I took it off, I set it down and I heard something rattling INSIDE the expansion chamber. Can anyone tell me if that is supposed to be there, if so what it is and why it's there but if it isn't can you tell me how I can get rid of it without destroying my expansion chamber.

Thanks,
Corey

Trust me I have cut apart many Blaster pipes and their is metal baffles inside the pipe.

Get a mirror and flash light and hold it up to the exhaust port of the cylinder and look inside at the piston and inspect it if your worried. You will be able to me the inside of the cylinder and piston.

This isn't my first circus guys. I worked in a yamaha dealer service dept for 5 yrs, two of that as service manager.

You could have broke a ring and it got in there but if it was running fine before you took it apart then I'm sure the ring or piston isn't broken in there.

Lol that is pretty ghetto dude, that just means you have a sexy side and a not so sexy side to your bike lol.

Anyone know if the baffle being loose would cause bogging in my bike when I hit the pipes or not??

Lol that is pretty ghetto dude, that just means you have a sexy side and a not so sexy side to your bike lol.

Anyone know if the baffle being loose would cause bogging in my bike when I hit the pipes or not??

who said my bike is getto its the one in your pic LOL jk jk its the one being towed jk

When I get on the pipes the baffle is stuck at the bottom so it has to push it up to the top of the chamber. So I'm assuming that it is whats been causing the bogging in my bike. Also what could have caused it to come lose? Just a big jump or a bump or something? Being that I only ride in sand..

Take a cut off wheel and cut a big hole in that thing. Pull all that crap out and MIG weld the plate back on. Good as new assuming you have a MIG welder and cut off wheel. Otherwise get another pipe. I have an extra stocker if you need it.

just buy an aftermarket pipe....or another stock....you can get them for SOOOO cheap

yes, yes, and more yes, the baffle, which i believe to be a cast iron cone shaped pos, is definately broken, and that is definately causing your bogging problems, mine broke loose after i cased a big double, and the bogging drove me nuts for weeks, i try'd everything imaginable to fix it, and one day took off the pipe to put a new crush washer in, when i noticed the rattlin, more like a clanging, it's big and heavy, and apperently gets lodged in there and seemed to affect mine at 3/4 throttle in 3rd and 4 th gear, nowhere else,
welcome to the aftermarket pipe club, unless you wanna waste a sh*tload of time and cutting/welding to get that cone outta there, just scrap it, and get a good a/m pipe
i chose the f7, even before i found it for insanely cheap price used, wicked top end!!!!

I don't have the money for an aftermarket one yet, so I'm going to take it into my dads shop and cut it open and weld it back together on Tuesday.