is opening my airbox ok

baza

Dec 5, 2010
ireland
i ride just in wet bog in winter and dusty tracks in summer is it ok to open the airbox 4 more air, if i can whats the best way to do it

i wouldn't suggest it for the winter, but in the summer it would be ok.
just make sure to check your jetting.

do i just take the lid off and its gona take a week to get jets would i harm anything if i drive her

yes it is very bad to run your motor lean. and i would say a stock jet with a fmf and no airboxl lid would def be bad. good way to fry ur top end. it is also winter so you should have gone up a size or so already. even with just the fmf you need to go up to atleast 260-270. might even need to be at 300 with the lid off

yes any time you change airflow into or out of the engine you need to rejet that means changing air filter (usually doesnt change jetting significantly) changing carb. changing the air box lid on/off changing reeds (again not a substantial change) changing porting, and the exhaust. they all play a role. so just rejet it and check jetting often.

how do u check ur jetin ive had a kx125 put a fmf pipe on and done nothing to the jets bike never missed a heart beat i dont rejet in winter or summer thats all new to me whats that all about