Is one blaster better than others.

blaster4Me

Mar 20, 2008
I'm looking into purchasing a couple of blasters for my kids.

Are there any years to stay away from?

What are the problem areas with blasters.

What are the must haves when purchasing one.

Thanks.

Me personally have had no down side to mine(2001 stock). But I would recommend oil block off kits and premix your own fuel (32:1). I'm saying this because the oil pumps are known to clog or just quit working and blow the motor! But also somthing to keep in mind is that they are 2-stroke and the mod list are endless (as your kids grow and want more power) and most everything for blasters you can find pretty cheap! But more often than not, it's alot cheaper to buy a few mods than buy a hole new bike(bigger one)! And 2 stock blasters, I dont see any reason why one would be any better than the other. One may brake in quicker or parts on one may ware out quicker but performance wise i would say there should not be much difference!

Yes, I would agree with jabes. The 2003-2006 blasters have hydraulic disk brakes all around vs. the 1988-2002 blasters with a cable operated disk in the rear (which are terrible) and drum brakes in the front. The 2003-2006 blasters also have more aggressive headlight styling.

i agree, def. better brakes on the 03 06 blasters, although with alot of maitanece and good cleanings my 01 rear brake still works great! overall i would say buy them, youll never regret it. reliable little bikes!

Thanks all of you for the input. I've pretty much decided on either a 2003 or 2004, and there's lots of them available. From what I've seen the disk brakes are a very desirable improvement.