is it time to rebuild/rejet?

antleo

Mar 28, 2011
hey my bike will only idle for about 20 seconds before it cutts out. it is fine when you actually run it but when it idles or is run at low rpm it bogs/cuts out and oil comes out of the pipe. should i rebuild and rejet the carb? and how do i know what size jets are in it now? i bought it used so... i dont know

perform a compression test, a leakdown test, and a plug chop and return with the results. id do them in that order. any compression under 120 is not good.

comps good i checked that all earlier today chop came out perfect no leaks and i had it for about 2 years the comp is great i dont know exacly what it is but it is hardish to kick so

List any mods it has. Has it always done this or just started? Main jet is six mm brass piece in carb inside float bowl. Small number stamped on it that I have to use magnifying glass to see. Disassemble carb and clean, set float level. What does plug look like? Air cleaner clean? Post back.

lean? with oil coming out the pipe? it is a pain to start after it stalls but it does start