is cutting plastics worth it

I actualy just got lucky. the kid i bought it from had cut them already. but here's some pis to help ya try to figure it out.

you remove the front fender bracket. when you cut these. that damn thing is always in the way anyway. as long as you don't use cooling fins you don't need the bracket

zugw2u.jpg

xcof7k.jpg

I have cut them with a jigsaw with a fine blade, grider, dremel. you can cut them with about anything. then you have to sand them smooth afterwards.

unless if your going 100 something miles an hour not really going to help wind wise, except cool your legs more

what i noticed is i get all kinds of crap on my face and more mud everywhere without fronts. if your in hot dusty areas front fenders are.. ridiculous. if you ride in woods, mud and not so hot areas i leave mine on, or trim them up

yes i realize there off in my picture lol but i recently put them back on

yeah, lets cut them all up, so someday there is no factory plastics left, just maier garbage.
and while we're at it..... lets destroy all banshee, quadzilla 500 and even the vintage fiberglass corvette fenders too ?

Do I get the impression that Awk is not in favour of cutting plastics, or is it a figment of my imagination.

I must admit, that I too am not in favour of cutting, unless the plastics are in poor condition and not servicable the way they are.

if you have any plans of selling your blaster in the future , cutting them all up isnt a good idea.
but if your gonna keep the blasty forever like i will, do what YOU think looks good. i removed my fronts but did not hack them up so they still look good, should i decide to put them back on. i had a set of junk rear fenders that i cut all up, but i ended up not liking the look as much.

yeah, lets cut them all up, so someday there is no factory plastics left, just maier garbage.
and while we're at it..... lets destroy all banshee, quadzilla 500 and even the vintage fiberglass corvette fenders too ?

i know how you feel awk recently i was looking to buy a quadzilla but sadly only ran across one's the were being parted out.. that day i face palmed bad. finding a quadzilla now is like looking for a kitten in a junk yard there is none around

also i did the no front fender look... i dont mind getting muddy as i wear goggles all the time i feel its more of a sleek look