Intake pipe reducer's

what the hellis that

I would think all this only matters at wide open throttle and after its been that way for a bit, the carb slide closed makes a 90 degreee brick wall with a slit of an opening,

If thats the same pipe im thinking of it has a few other welds holding it together at "less than curved" turns might want to ditch the hole thing and go get a radiator hose???

Honestly

After speaking with a hydroaerodynamical engineer,
Your best bet is to have your carb intake butted up to as large a open box as possible, unlikely , if you look at the intake horn of your carb and try to follow that curve you will see it quickly flattens out so trying any kind of gradual taper before it is useless,

A simple examination of the aerodynamics shows at slow airspeed , like when from closed throttle to wide open will pull air from every direction possible, like the intake of a jet engine, and at wide open throttle the airflow will be pulled in at more of a cone shape.

I suggest a vortex generator,
images

LARGER than, and directly in front of~around the intake horn pointing upstream, when first opened there would be plenty of free air in and around the generators then as airflow increases the swirl created by the vortex will "fix it self" dealling with turbulance from the change in venturi diameter obstructions.

but i just guessed so.......go use a radiator hose

I agree on the taper.. I tried using a straight peice of radiator hose about 8" long and at wot it would spit and sputter. After going with a pod it runs much better. My only theory is that majority of the airflowconcentrates in the center of this long section making it almost impossible to get the main jet tuned since it is at the bottom of the carbs diameter.