installin new clutch this week..got a ??

wvblasted

Mar 24, 2010
i ordered a barnett clutch kit and i was watchin a install video on utube and it said space each clutch at 2o'clock past where the last one is but never said where to start... do i need to put the 1st disc at 12 or 2 o'clock and start from there??

well correct me if im wrong from watchin the video the clutch disc has an lip on each of them ...do they got to be spaced out???

it's the metal discs that have a tab on them i put them 90 degrees apart............first one at 12 o'clock, next one at 3, then 6, and so on, also make sure the dots line up for the pressure plate and boss

What AWK said. The disks have almost a pointer in the middle of the widest part. Start at 12. Soak the friction disks in tranny oil for about 3 hours before installing.

I also am having a problem with the clutch plate location. I have a clymer manual and it states to install @ 60 degree apart. The picture it shows is confusing, one picture shows 6 clutch springs and the next one shows 5 clutch springs. There is only 5. So if 90 degrees is correct, the 5th clutch plate lines up with the first clutch plate.