inspection help !!!!

tricky tramp

Oct 22, 2011
nebraska
so i got this 2000 blaster in a trade and i had a couple questions....is there any way to inspect the piston and cylinder and things without pulling the motor apart?...when i do inspect it what kinda things should i be looking for ....also i took the plastic cover off the side that the gear shift is on and a lil bit of oily liquid came out that was a silver color ...what was it ?

you can whip off the exhaust and look up the exhaust port with a light...look for scratches or deep scores, or pieces of piston missing!

Silver liquid? does your bike run on mercury? first BIONIC BLASTER i have ever heard of! :) im not sure what the silver part id but oil over there is usually a sign that your crank seals are tired...you will need to replace to keep things healthy there...

thanks blaner....i dont think its bionic...lmao....it was a real thick silver color it wasnt alot of it ...it was just a couple drips ???????

thanks jl...it has lots of compression....by the way your youtube videos are awesome!!!!!!!

Whats lots mean?

Got an actual psi rating?

Also yea you can buy a borescope and look into just about everywhere you want to in the engine with little to no disassembly.Youre looking for scratches grooves in the cylinder and chunks of piston melted or missing.