I'm about to trade my 04 blaster for a 02 sportsman 500

My friends all rode sports and like them but I hear that utilities are much better off road because they can go through harder stuff. Is that true?

I bought and tried riding a utility quad about 10 years ago....I had it for about 1 year, and back to a sport atv I went. It just wasn't the same.

That was my small experience with them.

I know it is obviously going to he slower but does it give a nice ride or is it very stiff and not fun at all

Yeah I ride my friends dad, s Prarie 360 quite a few times...but if we go on long trips I don't have access to it...I also want the sportsman because it is a 4 stroke and I heard the 2 strokes burn through gas a lot quicker so they can't go as far

Going from a blaster (one of the lightest quads) to a 500cc utility bike is going to be a big change. Best thing to do is meet at a riding spot and ride each others bikes. If you don't like it don't trade, if you do like it then trade.

If you have ridden one before than you should already know how the ride is. If you are concerned about fuel usage on long distance trips you could always get a desert tank.

We had utility quads for so long.

would never go back.

sure they can handle mud with 4wd, and be work horses...

But nothing is like the fun of a blaster

For sure the Blaster is going to cost more in fuel but the adrenaline rush you get from the ride is more than worth it.

The best advice has been given already. Take each for a ride and choose what you like.. They are 2 different machines for different purposes.. Closest thing I can compare to as our trail boss. If I am going Hunting, doing chores, or feeling lazy I ride that. If I want to get my heart rate up and have fun I take the Blaster.