Im a new member..pics of my blaster w mods

scott317

May 2, 2014
Indianapolis Indiana
Hi my name is Scott I'm a new member but I have always use this forum to help me with buildintg my blaster and I love this forum..I'm very thankful that this forum is around.Really seems like some good people on here..By the way I live in Indiana ..Here's some pictures of my blaster with alot of mods..Let me know what you guys think ..its not complete and I still have more parts on the way just waiting for UPS..I also want to upgrade my brakes and shocks ..
IMAG1023-1.jpg
IMAG1005-1.jpg
IMAG0999-1.jpg
IMAG1022-1.jpg
IMAG1019-1.jpg
IMAG1004-1.jpg
IMAG1023-1.jpg
IMAG1004-1.jpg

Very nice man! If you been on here for awhile you prob already know, but I'll say it anyway. Make sure you leaktest and get your jetting right to ensure the life of your ride. I like the 300 to. I got one that is the Touring Signature with AWD, rides very nice. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Scott! Very Nice work on the Blaster.

Contact Awk08 about rear brakes, and look into some conversion spindles and a hydro setup for the front.

Shock upgrades are fairly easy also...some KOR 400ex bushings, a 400ex shock for rear, and for the front, you can go as far as your willing to spend.

Keep us informed on what you do!

Great looking bike, would look so much better with a nice set of heel guards.

If you PM Awk08 about rear brakes, just mention that you have no heel protection, I am sure he will put you on the right track.

Welcome, and nice bike. Keep posting with upgrades and mods and of course any help you may need.. Any engine mods?

Whoa buddy. DO NOT USE THAT GASKET

the green gasket is made of paper. Not a very good sealent for these little engines.

order OEM or Cometic base gaskets for best results

A paper gasket can leak, making the engine run lean which could be lethal to the engine after some time

Nice.

Read up on engine assembly, leak testing, heat cycling and break in procedures.

And as Herp says, toss that paper base gasket.

I'm going to put together a whole list from top to bottom of what parts are on the blaster..the theme is dukes of hazards..I have a different seat for it with the rebel flags just to complete the theme..Thanks tbrooks!! Mines also a signature series with 2 tone leather without the Awd...Im normally a truck guy but I love the Chrysler 300 ..

That will be sweet, Its really nice and clean already. Make sure to listen to blaaster, the master lol. Heat cycles, break-in, leaktest, and when that's all done get your jetting right. Make sure to get your torque right on the jug. I figured by the headlights that wasn't a 300c. The AWD is ok, doesn't let me have any fun though, can't even do a donut on gravel with traction control off :(. Have a hard time getting it to slide on snow even! It is crazy how well it handles. I've took 25mph curves up here running 70 without the tires squealing! The awd does have a HOv6 which I like a lot:D. Mines stone white outside and all black in. Reminds me a lot of a Taurus SHO I had as a kid. Only thing I don't like is how my tranny works, autostick has a mind of its own and it likes to hang on to gears.