Ignition Switch - No Key

heyketz

Jan 18, 2011
Blaster I picked has an ignition switch but no key. Any ideas on how to get a key for the switch?

There should be a set of numbers stamped on the top of the barrel of the lock. Take this # to your dealer and they can cut you another key.

In the meantime....just disconnect the 2 wires going to the switch, so they are not touching each other, and you can run your blaster until you get a key.

first of all, u can just disconnect the wires, and that will bypass the key and u shut it off with the kill switch on the bars. 2nd u cant get a key. and if u can its gonna be like $20 for a stupid key. ur better off going on ebay and searching for blaster key/ingition. imo

Follow the wired to the block conector and putt it apart (or cut the wires if their isnt one) goto ebay look up quad ignition buy it and fit it, should cost less than £5.. doesnt have to be a yamaha OEM

What do they look like ? I've never seen a blaster with an ignition switch. All of my friends and even the 3 I own have long since been taken off ( hopefully none of mine are hot !! ).