ignition coil replacement

No responses? I too would like to know if ANY of the aftermarket coils are good? Most are from China,some from Argentina,and of course OEM from Japan. What is every ones ignition coil experience?

I currently run a Nology Profire coil and Hotwire, but had an AMR monster coil in the past.
hard to tell if either did anything ?
I've never fouled a plug, stock or A/M coils

if looking into a Nology setup, it must be the .5 ohm (1/2 of 1 ohm) PFC-03S single output for CDI ignitions
any single, 90 degree plug boot, Hotwire for motorcylces/atv's will work

scroll down the page till you find the coil listed for... Yamaha YZ250, 125, 80
http://www.nology.com/apply.html

I don't see them on ebay anymore ? maybe RMATV or Motosport ?

I got a Nology Profire coil and Hotwire on my blaster now and i think my backup coil is a hotshot ignition coil. I also have a cheap made in China coil i got from ebay.

I was having intermittent weak ignition problems, and thought it was coil, then thought it was cheap china coil. Ended up being a cdi box giving me the problem. Then upgraded to the Nology.

Funny both of you run the Nology coil, my buddy mentioned those yesterday also. I have gone through my ignition completely other than the coil. Replaced cdi,pulser coil,charge coil, replaced and disconnected kill switch,checked wiring and grounds! Every single item ohmed out good. Time for a new coil and hope like heck it solves my 5800 rpm ignition cut out.

Unbelievable ! I pulled the tank and removed the coil. Mind you I have ohmed this coil several times and the bike is running,just cuts out at 5800. Today it ohmed completely open. Bingo.I got to thinking that I have a 30 year old coil in the bottom of my junk pile. 1/2 Ohm! I just put 22 miles on and it runs awesome again.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: Awk08 and 82cutty