if you were to hook up a toggle switch

Antec1200X

Nov 11, 2010
Fort Nelson B.C
where would you put it?
well id like to hook up a toggle switch and put it some were so its hiden that way no thieves can just jump on the bike and go.so where would you put it?

Airbox. All you have to do as far as wiring is ground one side of the switch to the frame and hook the other side of the switch parallel with the orange wire for the coil. That is how the PO had the teather switch hooked up on my 01.

Reactions: Antec1200X
I thought about doing this and using the Head Light switch. I have NOT read into the schematics of the head light but since I dont use mine it would be a great idea. I hate leaving it at the truck when me and the wife both ride her bike or mine as she isnt 'skilled' enough yet to really get down and ride hard and she likes to go 'fast'. Just a thought as no one would notice you switching it off when you got off... in my case I wouldnt want to have someone see me taking the seat off to get to the switch.

I personally would want it under the seat so things don't hit it while you ride. suck to get shutdown in the middle of a hill climb or somethin

there.
newswitch001.jpg

almost cant wait till winter,gunna rebuild from the frame up!!

yup , once its caked with mud no one will see it I:I
I deleted my key and all you gotta do is switch it to run and kick it and its good to go . I run a 20' cable/chain combo through the a arms and frame and swinger and through the spokes on one of my truck wheels when I'm camping , topped off with a lock you'd need a .357 to dent . She ain't going anywhere .

My buddy I ride with actually uses a Plastic chain to make his 400ex " look " secure , I'd never use it , he thinks its funny leaving it like that . He's batshit crazy though , but fun to ride with .

some place where you can reach while you are seated on the bike.
someplace where no one would even notice you fliping the switch

near the kickstarter maybe

@ Blastard
in the carport i have to take the front tires off and put em in my room other wise the quad will be gone by morrning.its a pain in the ass but better then losing the quad.
had a diferent quad stolen and it was chained.they used bolt cutters and made off with the quad,they tryed to hot wire it and they were to stupid and ditched the quad one block from here.
i wanted the switch as a fail safe so i can leave the tires on outside and go inside for lunch lol.

move to a better neighbor hood I:I
@ Blastard
in the carport i have to take the front tires off and put em in my room other wise the quad will be gone by morrning.its a pain in the ass but better then losing the quad.
had a diferent quad stolen and it was chained.they used bolt cutters and made off with the quad,they tryed to hot wire it and they were to stupid and ditched the quad one block from here.
i wanted the switch as a fail safe so i can leave the tires on outside and go inside for lunch lol.

That sux , I'd just chain the dog to it at night .
I'd love to get another blaster and leave it out for the theives , and stuff 5lbs of blasting powder and a primer cap in the jug and hook it to the coil , as soon as try kick it
BOOM!!!!!! Bits o criminal