if you swap motors is it still a blaster?? poll

well is it a blaster still??

• yes it is

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • may look like it but not really

Votes: 20 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it sucks that our quads are so slow and poor handling from the factory. i look up to people who put better motors in them and do so in a good looking and functioning manner, such as paulie b and 3wheeler rider.

i agree with shee.

you have a camaro with a v6 or a mustang with a 4 banger. you throw a big block in it, you still have a camaro or mustang. only better.

3wheeler rider made a good point too. i have banshee brakes on my blaster. most people have a 400ex shock or 450r front shocks. and many other parts from other quads. they still have a blaster. the motor isnt any different

it sucks that our quads are so slow and poor handling from the factory. i look up to people who put better motors in them and do so in a good looking and functioning manner, such as paulie b and 3wheeler rider.

i agree with shee.

you have a camaro with a v6 or a mustang with a 4 banger. you throw a big block in it, you still have a camaro or mustang. only better.

3wheeler rider made a good point too. i have banshee brakes on my blaster. most people have a 400ex shock or 450r front shocks. and many other parts from other quads. they still have a blaster. the motor isnt any different
Exactly, well put .

Yes it's still a Blaster.
Yes you could also brag about beating other bikes BUT
it would be cheesy if you didn't let it be known that you have a motor swap.
*Also if you brag about beating other stock type motors with your blaster

*Disclaimer: unless it's Strokedtaters only because I haven't done that yet :p

Depends on your personal opinion I guess. I can certainly understand why someone would swap motors and I dont think there is anything wrong with it. My personal opinion is that swapping the motor makes it a hybrid. If you put Rancho shocks on your 4 wheel drive truck is it a hybrid? Not in my opinion. If you put a Hayabusa motor is a Sportster frame is it a hybrid. HELL YEAH. Just my 2 cents.

I'd say alot of people who make hybrids are just embarrassed by their Blaster, so to make it sounds Bada**, they switch a more up to date motor in it. I have nothing wrong with it, but for people that also wanna accuse us 400, 450, or whatever riders, and to say, we smoked you, thats total BS. The only reason you beat was because you have a more powerful motor. Its no longer a Blaster once you change the motor out. I don't think it's fair for a guy with a yz250r blaster to race a 400ex, and say, "I smoked you, ahaha". I would return and say "cheater!". Please, no one take offense to my opinion.

I'd say alot of people who make hybrids are just embarrassed by their Blaster, so to make it sounds Bada**, they switch a more up to date motor in it. I have nothing wrong with it, but for people that also wanna accuse us 400, 450, or whatever riders, and to say, we smoked you, thats total BS. The only reason you beat was because you have a more powerful motor. Its no longer a Blaster once you change the motor out. I don't think it's fair for a guy with a yz250r blaster to race a 400ex, and say, "I smoked you, ahaha". I would return and say "cheater!". Please, no one take offense to my opinion.

welll...... my buddys swapped blaster has a more out of date motor than the blasters do.. blasters started in 88 his motor is a 84.. paulies is a 78? 79? 80?
buddy got a good deal on his.. 500 bucks, and reworked it

welll...... my buddys swapped blaster has a more out of date motor than the blasters do.. blasters started in 88 his motor is a 84.. paulies is a 78? 79? 80?
buddy got a good deal on his.. 500 bucks, and reworked it

I agree with you there, but also, its like taking a 450r against a 400ex, its bigger bore, more power..a 250r 2 stroke motor will smoke a 400ex whatever you put it in. a blaster will not because its aircooled, low port specs, and carb is alot smaller than of todays..

I agree with you there, but also, its like taking a 450r against a 400ex, its bigger bore, more power..a 250r 2 stroke motor will smoke a 400ex whatever you put it in. a blaster will not because its aircooled, low port specs, and carb is alot smaller than of todays..

very true my lt250r is a 88 and will outrun 400s alday and give most 450s a run

Just shut up already, a win is a win. If I beat you with a yz250 blaster then I just kicked your ass. No cheating there. Cheating would be me kicking you off your 400ex while jumping at the same time.

very true my lt250r is a 88 and will outrun 400s alday and give most 450s a run

Yeah dude, I mean its not really a fair run

A buddy of mine has a 97 Silverado z71 and his friend has same year and model truck, only he has a built 383, the Silverado Z71 never had a 383 stock. They both lined up and the built 383 smoked my friend's 350. Yes, it may be a Silverado Z71, but its deff not a stock one...

Yeah dude, I mean its not really a fair run

A buddy of mine has a 97 Silverado z71 and his friend has same year and model truck, only he has a built 383, the Silverado Z71 never had a 383 stock. They both lined up and the built 383 smoked my friend's 350. Yes, it may be a Silverado Z71, but its deff not a stock one...

No that is called the stock one got it's ass whooped. It would only be unfair if they did a drag race and the rules stated the car must be stock engine.

No that is called the stock one got it's ass whooped. It would only be unfair if they did a drag race and the rules stated the car must be stock engine.

Yes, very true, but like I said, a 250 2 stroke will smoke a 400ex and a 450r motor. If I take my neighbors trx250r and me and him line up, which is gonna win? I know for a fact he will win, no matter how many mods i do, it will still wooop my ass. It's no longer a blaster once you take motor out and switch it with a more powerful, up to date motor such as a yz250. So, stop telling me to shut up, your being very ignorant arguing with me.

You said it is cheating, it is only cheating if it is against the rules. By your stupid terms, it is cheating to use a 250r to race a blaster. It isn't cheating.
To point it simple, it is called getting the best advantage you can.

Depends on your personal opinion I guess. I can certainly understand why someone would swap motors and I dont think there is anything wrong with it. My personal opinion is that swapping the motor makes it a hybrid. If you put Rancho shocks on your 4 wheel drive truck is it a hybrid? Not in my opinion. If you put a Hayabusa motor is a Sportster frame is it a hybrid. HELL YEAH. Just my 2 cents.

so a blaster with banshee brakes and yfz shocks on the front and 400ex rear shock, yfz plastic and whatever else you put on a blaster frame wouldnt make it a hybrid as well? only a motor makes it a hybrid...i dont think so. its a little different than just putting different shocks on a pickup

i didnt swap my motor because i was embarrased of the blaster i swapped it because i got it for FREE from a friend and who wouldnt swap a motor in stock form is almost more than what the blaster will ever be that they got for free. im not building mine to drag race anyway so i dont care what it will beat. as long as it hauls me on the track and trails around at a good pace i will be happy

Just shut up already, a win is a win. If I beat you with a yz250 blaster then I just kicked your ass. No cheating there. Cheating would be me kicking you off your 400ex while jumping at the same time.

hahahaha lmao!!!!

i have a feeling that all this thread is going to accomplish is to make everybody mad at each other and constantly arguing over their opinions. EVERYBODY has an opinion, just get over it, you stick to your opinion i stick to mine. now can we all grow up and just state our opinions on what we think WITHOUT trashing anybody else's opinion?

so a blaster with banshee brakes and yfz shocks on the front and 400ex rear shock, yfz plastic and whatever else you put on a blaster frame wouldnt make it a hybrid as well? only a motor makes it a hybrid...i dont think so. its a little different than just putting different shocks on a pickup

i didnt swap my motor because i was embarrased of the blaster i swapped it because i got it for FREE from a friend and who wouldnt swap a motor in stock form is almost more than what the blaster will ever be that they got for free. im not building mine to drag race anyway so i dont care what it will beat. as long as it hauls me on the track and trails around at a good pace i will be happy

hahahaha lmao!!!!
3 wheeler, i didn't mean to say you were embarrassed,