ice studs?

2stroke4ever

Aug 26, 2009
Okoboji Iowa
www.oakhillmarina.com
i'm thinkin about studding up my stock tires i have laying around for riding on the lake (we just got like 1 1/2 of rain and everything is froze tight!). i'm not looking to spend much just want some more bite out on the ice, seems like stock knobs are less than a half inch thick so i was thinkin about some 1/4" screws or a little deeper, something with a deep hex head probably, by the time i order stuff to do a tire liner and actual studs the season will be over, think my screw idea will work? and who's tried this before? maybe it's not worth my time and i'll just wait. lets hear what you've all got to say, thanks

yeah if you're real paranoid you can put a little rtv or bead sealer on the screws to help them seal up

http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vids-9/post-your-studded-tires-10217/index2.html

Here is a link to some pics of tires of my quad that I have studded. I have around 1000 screws in all 4 tires. Im sorry but sheet metal screws just dont cut it. It is a waste of time and money. By gold max studs or Kold Kutters. With the right studs, it is like being on asphalt. I can turn on a dime on glare ice and pull 4th gear wheelies like nothing on the ice.

I bought some maxigrip ice studs for my quad and they are holding up superbly.
No need to seal them up, they won't come out! Great for riding on lakes.

The smaller size screws are not that expensive, you can look them out on maxigripstore.com

i have about 200 "Bronco" studs in the rears.. enough to easily do wheelies on glare ice. i did put a dab of bead sealer on the screws since i knew that they were going through the other side..
121c0o1.jpg

(yes, the date is wrong)