I think i burnt up my stator help!

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
Well today i worked on my blaster a lil today and did a few things on it. Well my kill switch wasnt working and i couldnt get it to work. I decided to make my own kill switch with a toggle. i found 2 wires a black one with white stripes and a solid black one. when plugged them in it died so i did it a few times worked fine. Hooked a toggle up to it and tried it a few times worked great. Went inside to get my parents and show them it wouldnt fire up. i unplugged the switch still wouldnt checked to see if there was spark nothin

is there a regulator or anything it could of burnt up other than the stator or?

and is there anyway to test the stator? if so let me know
also i figured the wires were for the original key but idk

there are no fuses on the blaster, so you could easily short something out if you tried to run the bike with the wiring incorrect. I don't recommend messing with wiring unless you have some sort of power probe and general knowledge of electrics.

oh well i dont get how it would burn up the coil that way tho if its just the key switch wires tho

The two black wires going to the left hand kill switch are the correct wires. Lets look at this another way.... Maybe your stock switch was fine but there was a short or cut in the wires. It could be that something moved around when you hooked up the new switch.

Go to your CDI box (under the front hood/headlight area) and unplug the Black with White stripe wire from the CDI itself. If the B/W wire is grounded it will cut spark. Disconnecting it will pretty much hotwire the quad to start without a key or kill switch. It also cuts out the yamaha tors system. Do not disconnect the solid black wire to the CDI. That is the CDI's ground. If your blaster starts then you have a short someplace in your B/W wire. I attached the diagram below.

8=CDI
11= key
12=kill switch
13= TORS control unit.

blaster-wire.png

Reactions: xKroniK13x
Nice info with the diagram, I love how simple the blaster is.. I'm use to looking through pages and pages of diagrams on a car ha-ha ..

it might of been that the factory switch was good and something else was shorted out. but if i moved something around when i put the new switch in would mean that it wouldnt of worked the first couple of time i tried it. I didnt move anything around when i left and came back and it didnt work so i think i just burnt up the coil.

i would like to get it runnin again then maybe i could fix the factory switch

it might of been that the factory switch was good and something else was shorted out. but if i moved something around when i put the new switch in would mean that it wouldnt of worked the first couple of time i tried it. I didnt move anything around when i left and came back and it didnt work so i think i just burnt up the coil.

i would like to get it runnin again then maybe i could fix the factory switch

Did you try unplugging that black-white wire from the CDI though? There is no direct connection between the coil and kill switch. Its all via the CDI. So you would really need to cross some wires up to mess with the coil.... but anything can happen if the harness was messed with before.

on the cdi there is a black one grounded to the bolt on it and a blue wire comin out of it