i sware its just my luck

88' blaster

Sep 18, 2010
new castle pa
so i got this banshee and freaking loved the thing for the first 2 or 3 weeks. then on the last day of school i rode it to school and went to go home after and rounded a front sprocket soo up to the local bike shop. ended up walking out of there $200 short and got a new pair of otg goggles 1 bottle of mix oil and a chain and sprockets. went to my friends house to put on said chain in sprockets, chain was 9 links too long and they gave me the wrong back sprocket. sooo back up there did not cost me a dime this time and back home to put it allll on annnnddd my chain will not stay tight so i went out to vent of some steam on my friends blaster, going down a trail i have been down 1 million times and i was flying down it. tried popping over a tree. bucked me foreword foot went under the tire, it kicked side ways and rolled 4 times with me still on it, i got up kick the quad back over on 4 wheels checked for damage then sat down and when i sat down i was looking around and then i started freaking out because my vision faded till i could only see black for at least 45 seconds to 1 min. when my vision came back to me i called my friend and he rode out to the trail. we rode back i sat for the rest of the night any way the next day and 1 more link later and its too short put that link back on and now some how its perfect. so i was all happy and i went riding for maybe another week or so and i kept checking the chain babying the quad and after that week i rode over to my friends house we went to go riding and pulled out on the road to go to the trail i let out my clutch and nothing, shifted nothing. look down at my front sprocket and some how some way the little washer then you bend down over the nut had unbent itself and the nut and the washer had fallen off. this when i debated trading for the 450(if you saw the post on here like a week ago) went up to the bike shop ordered a new nut and washer $14.50 zoooommmm right out of my pocket. while i waited for the part to come in my friends dad had rigged my quad so my front sprocket would stay on, a hose clamp just a hose clamp. it stayed and worked better then the nut ever could. but any way back to the getting home the bike was hot, had to cross a crick to get home. crossed it and it cracked my left silencer pipe and the vibrations did the rest. FML RIGHT. but thats not all. my shifter side foot peg bolts vibrated out and i found one and put it in and a replacement for the one i could not find. well the replacement vibrated out again and i did not know so it had one bolt in it and yesterday snappp there goes my foot peg. i mean i baby this quad soooo much. i take better care if it then i do my self sometimes and no matter what its always something that keeps me from riding it. oh and my back fender cruse is back because my plastic melted where it bolts together at the support and it cracked at the back of it both on the right side. other then all off that ^^^^^^^ i have had no motor problems at all. sorry guys but i just need to vent a little and not hurt my self this time.

AHHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Sorry that was a good laugh! In all seroiusness, Hope physically you are ok, I know mentally you are not-Heeeeheee! Your just trying to make any excuse not to come to the mountain and get your banshee ass wooped!

I told ya ya should of went for that trade, but ohhhhhh no don't listen to slick , he doesn't know what he is talking about!

I think you got a basket case banshee in the first place! If you would of put all that money into your first blaster we wouldn't be having this discussion young man!

Now get your sh*t fixed and get you and corey's ass down here and ride No excuses 2.5 hours travel is nothing!

Sounds like that Shee is giving you a real hard time!

Some times venting frustrations can help, most of us older guys have been through what you are experiencing, and realise where you are coming from.

Keep on wrenching, because good maintainence pays off, and leads to trouble free riding.

Did you re-use the lock tab washer behind the sprocket retaining nut, I have never heard of a new washer failing.

Sometimes a little drop of Loctite can be a good friend, and will stop bolts vibrating out.

AHHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Sorry that was a good laugh! In all seroiusness, Hope physically you are ok, I know mentally you are not-Heeeeheee! Your just trying to make any excuse not to come to the mountain and get your banshee ass wooped!

I told ya ya should of went for that trade, but ohhhhhh no don't listen to slick , he doesn't know what he is talking about!

I think you got a basket case banshee in the first place! If you would of put all that money into your first blaster we wouldn't be having this discussion young man!

Now get your sh*t fixed and get you and corey's ass down here and ride No excuses 2.5 hours travel is nothing!

the guy with the 450 never called or texted me back. and you can set all thoughts aside that im not coming to awks because i will ride the shee down there with 1 wheel left if i have too.

the guy with the 450 never called or texted me back. and you can set all thoughts aside that im not coming to awks because i will ride the shee down there with 1 wheel left if i have too.

HAAAAAAAA! Now that would be skill! Glad to hear your coming down! B)

bolts coming loose isn't bad luck, it's lazy maintainence

better do some to that shee before you bring it here, i'm sure everybody wants to ride, not look for lost parts and work on your unmaintained shee all weekend

go over every nut and bolt, and apply blue lock-tite to everything that doesn't have a locking nut,
like you should have done before ever riding it

Last edited:
Don't worry; Ill be at Awk's ride with my full tool box (Unlike last year at Busco, when I forgot it outside the shop!!) You'll have one of the best mechanics in Richmond County, NC here to help you keep your Banshee together! B)

bolts coming loose isn't bad luck, it's lazy maintainence

better do some that to that shee before you bring it here, i'm sure everybody wants to ride, not look for lost parts and work on your unmaintained shee all weekend

go over every nut and bolt, and apply blue lock-tite to everything that doesn't have a locking nut,
like you should have done before ever riding it

i did not know these bolts were coming loose as i have never had a problem with foot peg bolts coming out ever. and im sorry i dont have any lock tite at the moment. and i did tighten the bolts and i do check it before i ride. all the time. thank you very much :p i keep this quad in better shape then i have ever kept anything before. i always check almost every thing to make sure its all tight and good. never would have come across my mind that foot peg blots would come loose seeing as they had lock washers on them. just saying...this quad is never unmaintained

i did not know these bolts were coming loose as i have never had a problem with foot peg bolts coming out ever. and im sorry i dont have any lock tite at the moment. and i did tighten the bolts and i do check it before i ride. all the time. thank you very much :p i keep this quad in better shape then i have ever kept anything before. i always check almost every thing to make sure its all tight and good. never would have come across my mind that foot peg blots would come loose seeing as they had lock washers on them. just saying...this quad is never unmaintained

good enuf ...i guess
you just seem to break everything you own ?
so i figured a little harsh reality was in order to awaken you I:I

good enuf ...i guess
you just seem to break everything you own ?
so i figured a little harsh reality was in order to awaken you I:I

nope bought junk all my life and now i have something nice so i do my best to keep it that way. and the only thing you would know about me breaking is my blaster (POS). i dont purposely break anything, and i maintain all my bikes and other things i own to the best of my ability

i think i remember a story you told about breaking plastics on every bike you've ever owned, some of them while sitting in the garage ?????

i think i remember a story you told about breaking plastics on every bike you've ever owned, some of them while sitting in the garage ?????

yea i do break my back fender on my bikes but its not like i walk up to them and am like WAMMMM with a hammer just because, they break because i do stupid stuff. i wreck. i make mistakes. if you dont your not human. it just in my case my back fenders take the toll for my mistakes