i not too pleased with my holeshots .. any suggestions? help please

2stroketerror

Feb 1, 2012
Georgia
so i just started using the forum because i have a blaster and everyone dogs blasters so i figured i'd find some good people with good help that i could fit in with.... anyways i just sold my cab truck and baught some 20x11-10 holeshots for the rear of my blaster and itp baja t-9 aluminum wheels and now that ive gotten my tires and wheeels on they look massive and i do not like it at all, ive had them about 1 and a half months and only rode them for 15 miuntes ... they measure 20 inches but i have a set of street tires that are 20x10-8's and they are brand new too but only measure 18 inches and look wayyy better on my blastter... any advice on tires that'd look the same as my street tires but are mud tires on my blaster??

Attachments

• blaster21.jpg
    blaster21.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 295
  • blaster19.jpg
    blaster19.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 288
kenda klaws that is what i have and i like them alot they dont grip like my hole shots but they seem to be better in mud than the hole shots

thanks i like the holeshots but they look massive to be a 20.... im trying to find a banshee axle and hubs so that i can get more variety of wheels and thats what i was planning on getting is 9's when i do get the banshee rear axle because my buddy has a 400ex with 9 inch wheels and maxxis rzr's and his rear tires and hweels look amazing ,, and when i get the banshee rear axle and hubs i can just get him to bring a wheel and tire over and try it out and if i like it i can just order the same sizes... thanks alot though

do not use 400ex wheels with banshee hubs i ran them with my yfz hubs and i had to take the wheel inserts out and after riding a few monts i took the wheels and they are so f***** up im gonna have to sell them as scrap

Welcome 2Stroketerror What part of ga are you in , Im in Middle ga Above Macon Below Atlanta , Good Luck With The Tire choice , I Strongly Prefer Maxxis Razr , There Like The Holeshots but Look better To Me , Maybe I Can Get My Blaster Going Soon And Meet People This Summer !

How much air are you running in those rears? I have an off brand that looked real balloony when I first had them mounted, but they had like 25 pounds of air in them to set the bead. Once I let the air out to about 6 pounds of air, they lowered and squared up nicely.

well, one reason you don't like it is because the blaster is already cramped feeling and looking as it is. widen the bikes track and extend the swingarm 2-4" and the 20's will look right at home on there.

thanks mudrunner - im just gonna use them to mock it up and see if i like the wheel and tire sizes

blasterbruce- im right on the georgia/chattannoga, TN line

EZRider76- im only running 3 psi in them and they look ballooned out.

borednstretched- im only running 3 psi

Novis- im thinking about getting 18's but they just look small on the back of a blaster, i have another set of 20's that are street tires and are brandnew and they only measure 18 inch instead of 20 and look perfect,, im just not understanding why my holeshots are the same size but they measure 20 inches and look massive

JonS- im already running a 6inch widening kit .

thanks mudrunner - im just gonna use them to mock it up and see if i like the wheel and tire sizes

blasterbruce- im right on the georgia/chattannoga, TN line

EZRider76- im only running 3 psi in them and they look ballooned out.

borednstretched- im only running 3 psi

Novis- im thinking about getting 18's but they just look small on the back of a blaster, i have another set of 20's that are street tires and are brandnew and they only measure 18 inch instead of 20 and look perfect,, im just not understanding why my holeshots are the same size but they measure 20 inches and look massive

JonS- im already running a 6inch widening kit .

Wow, that's light PSI. I'm kinda surprised the don't squat much. I can't remember what I'm running, but I do a lot of trail riding, so I keep them around 6psi for clearance...I think mine are Bazookas? The look like razr's, but 1/3 of the price and they work awesome on greasy trails.

Reactions: slickerthanyou
blasterbruce- yes i live like 10 minutes from ringgold , yeah shes getting there , i traded a pw 80 for mine then after riding about a year and half i sold my cab truck and baught a +6 widening kit , the tires and wheels, gutted the fatty pipe, put a fmf on it, and now last week i painted my frame and spring metallic cobalt blue and my a-arms,swing arm, bumper, rear carrier and skid plate pearl white, its looking pretty sick now .

EZRider76-yeah thats what psi my dad said would be best ... his friends have always had blasters and he always done the work on them for them but hes always rode old suzuki 250r's, i only trail ride my blaster ,, i might check into the Bazookas ..

ANY OF YALL EVER HERD OF AETNA MTN??

I love the 20" tires on 10" rims but the front and rears are out of proportion. You now have the same size front and rear wheels (possibly the same size tires as well) on a very short wheel based quad. IMO, it makes it too "boxy" looking, with the widening kit the track and wheel base is probably close to square. You might try some bigger fronts, maybe 23" but then it's really going to look short. Then you'll have a reason for +3 up 1 arms and a +3 or 4" swing arm, then you'd have a great looking trail machine. If you decide to sale them, they will fit the 84 T3 too if they are stock Blaster hubs. What size are the fronts? They look like 19" compared to the 20" rears.

The Vee rubber venom 2 are a 6 ply tyre and a lot heavier.

They lack the flex of a 2 ply tyre, but are a good choice if you are going to give them a look at sharp sticks and stones.

If you intend to give your tyres extreme punishment then go with a 6 ply, otherwise a 2 ply will do and will handle a lot better.