I NEED SUGGESTIONS

C

CorbinBlaster

so its come to my attention i need to rebuild my blasters motor, seeing how it only has 58 psi compression. how do i get it bored out, how big can i get it bored out? is there a kit to buy that has everything? could i get away with just getting a new piston and rings? any info will be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
u may be able to get a way with just throwing a new piston a rings in .. i would pull the top end off and see what the cylinder walls look like if they are good u should be able to ... and i think the max for getting it bored out to is .090 .. but i think there is a kit to where u can get it out to .150 ...

Do it right the first time. Have the cylinder measured to determine what size piston that will be required, then have it bored to the specs on the box. This way you'll be assured that you have done it correctly.

You need to listen to PittBoss. Go and get the cylinder checked for the bore taper and how much it will take to clean it up. as far as boring, only go with the min amount you can get away with. Why punch it out? the gains are minimal and you just killed the life of that cylinder. There is only so much meat that they can bore before it becomes to thin. SO if you dont need to bore but just hone it...there you go!!! I would be more worried about how course the finish is. Most of your ring life is taken away from the rings breaking in and seating. So ideally you finish shouldnt have a deep crosshatch but more of a slight brushed look to it. This along with a fit that is on the big side, will really allow the motor to flash(rev quickly).