i might be getting 2 yamaha blasters. I need your opinion!

Vermont Woods

Feb 10, 2010
ok here is the deal... I have the opportunity to pick up 2 yamaha blasters.. one is a '96, and the other is a '00.. the catch is the 96' needs crank bearings (motor is already torn apart) as for the newer one he said it needs a stator plate, coil, and wiring harness... i have only seen one picture and its of the 96 stripped down to the frame he has no new pictures of either in their current stage... he wants to trade me for my ps3 and a paintball gun... Do you think its worth it? also I would have to drive 3 hours (6 hours) round trip to get them. I dunno what do you think?

I think its worth it. You could always take both and make one good one and then sell the extra parts to make some money

well i have about 800 invested into my ps3 stuff 12 games including rockband and about 200.00 into my tippmann 98 paintball gun setup.

i just hope that since the motor is torn apart that alllll the parts are really there... I'd hate to get home and not have everything to put it back together...

this is the listing:
i have 2yamaha blaster's one a 1996 and the other is a 2000 that i just got in on trade i think it need a cdi or a stator and the 1996 needs crank bearings and rings you can make one out of the two and have tons of pats or put like $80 in the two of them and have two great running ones ones blue ones red please give me a call or text please no emails

Ask him for pictures of EVERYTHING and get close ups on the motors and what not. post them up and have some of these guys opinionate on them. If he dont give you pics dont do the deal. Cause he might be hiding something

i have pictures of of the 96 but like i said its all stripped down he said he has everything including the plastics:

Last night though the wife put her foot down and told me I am only aloud to get one of them... I told the guy that last night and he said he was fine with it.. So I am going to go with the 2000 instead of this one just because its newer and sounds like it needs a lot less work. But have yet to have seen pictures of it... He said today he would get me some pictures so we'll see. Hopefully it is in nice shape. I will post pictures once i recieve the others.

the 96 he said all the parts are there the motor is stripped down to pop in new crank bearings (which would be on my dime) and then I would have to re assemble.

I would not do it... reality is that they are both going to require time and money more that likely $300-$400 each, it would be better to enjoy your pS3 and maybe sell it when warmer weather gets here and get something with reverse and hydros, The dude probably has $150-$200 involved in in this crap heap "he got on trade" I'd tell him to keep it.

i know he doesnt have a lot into the 96... i mean look at it lol... but i still want to see pics of the 2000 before i shy away from it... and awk08 just pmed me about trading some of my hunting items for a full hydro set up.

efffffing AAAAAAAAAAA i just texted him and he said he will text me later because apparently a guy is going to look at the 2000 right now... Awesome, that makes 4 deals that have potentially fallen through for me... all I want is a blaster again, this sucks.

dude time will get u a blaster. obviously from the pic of the one. its not worth it. a ps3 AND a tippmann 98 for that busted sh*t. i mean i know u didnt see the 2000 but obviously the dude was either a young kid that didnt wanna take a pic cause he wants to chill with his friends but will have someone come to see it. or he is a lazy p.o.s. that doesnt wanna make money. either way i say just wait it out. u will get a great deal when the time comes!

dude time will get u a blaster. obviously from the pic of the one. its not worth it. a ps3 AND a tippmann 98 for that busted sh*t. i mean i know u didnt see the 2000 but obviously the dude was either a young kid that didnt wanna take a pic cause he wants to chill with his friends but will have someone come to see it. or he is a lazy p.o.s. that doesnt wanna make money. either way i say just wait it out. u will get a great deal when the time comes!

thanks for the kind words... it has just been a long time coming, i search craigslist everyday in vermont, new hampshire, Maine, and even Mass. I try to buy toys "out of season" to get better deals, I have found prices only go up once the snow melts for quads... it could just be my own personal experiences but the only thing I find cheap once the snow melts is snowmobiles because you cant ride them and people want them out of the yard for something they can use. Not saying you cant use a quad in the snow but you catch my drift... Ugh its just so frusterating, i miss my old one so much! The wife dropped a bomb on me and said this is the LAST TOY! So I want it to be a blaster!!! We are thinking about having our first child soon and with the recent house we are trying to buy, baby, etc... she doesn't want me going out and blowing money on toys anymore. But she has made the one LAST acception for me to get a blaster. :) I just cant seem to seal the deal.