i am at a stand still

d-rock

Oct 14, 2010
richmond hill
hey guys.
i have just put my bike back together. seems like the only problem i have now is weak spark.

i have looked at the coil and put my finger on the end of it there is verry littel pawer tiny shock i got.

i am going to buy a new coil but i want to know how do you cheek to see if the igntion coil is good? the 1 in side of the flywheel

You probably have a bad stator. There are two wires to ohm but I forget what color they are. I think it's the Yellow wire w/red stripe and White w/red stripe.

You can check the manual for the specs on the stator. After that be sure you plug wire is clean where it connects to the boot. Also check for loose ground or signal wires. Also I had weak spark once and it was.a bad cdi. Last resort swap with a known good one. Plz report your findings

Hey D-rock, Do me a favor and try starting it with the throttle wide open and see if it starts. You might not have to buy a cdi mine did the same thing had spark but wouldent start. When I did WOT it fired to life and roared like a lion

did you check the ground at the coil, it must be clean, rust and paint free, and tight

ok guys this is what i have done so far now and still no power.
1 new cdi
2 new coil
3 new stator set
4 cleaned all the oil from the fly wheel and stator

Try disconnecting the TORS unit, theirs a how to stickied somewhere on here i do believe. I had some spark issues on mine and disconnected all that and was good to go

I would look towards TORS (and get rid of it for sure!!) but I just thought that I'd mention checking for exhaust restrictions. My blasters had sat for a few years before I acquired them, one of them had the pipe removed while it was sitting. I was able to get them started, but one of them I couldn't rev up at all. I double checked everything....then I removed the pipe, shook it out and acorns came out...it was all clogged up. I threw another pipe on that wasn't all clogged up and it came to life!!