how to lower blaster for drag

^^^what I was gonna say. Also, reducing the preload on the shocks (spring adjustment) would lower it as well. I have seen shorter drag shocks for sale, too. Since Banshee fronts fit, try searching for Banshee drag shocks on ebay.

Most people chunk suspension all together for drag units. It's easier to change out the entire shock when you want to go back. If you use it only for drag racing, you want want the "shackle" type of lowering kit because that can allow the bottom of the shock to flop a little bit.

Most people remove the shocks and lower the vehicle down to where the suspension is totally flat. Using a jack to support the center skid plate you can adjust the height to get it as low as possible without the frame actually touching the ground. Then measure the distance between the shock mounting eyes and cut a piece of 1" square tubing to length to fit.

Once the front is sitting down with no suspension, you can lower the rear doing almost the same thing. There is one more consideration with the rear end though, you need to make sure that the chain isn't put in a bind by lowering it too much.

ummmm..... I wouldn't recommend it. Just leave the shocks in for now and once you've sized the tubing ( I believe it's 1" that fits you'll need measure it before you purchase square tubing) take the shocks off and drill the boll holes out to the correct length and cut it to length to fit.

yeah just make struts for it, if you want the stance to look like this i will measure mine for ya and you can just cut some the same length I:I

100_1471.jpg

you really want the rear higher than the front.
plus the drag sturt in the rear actually helps with launching and getting more power to the wheels.

like newbie should lower his front a little more.

you really want the rear higher than the front.
plus the drag sturt in the rear actually helps with launching and getting more power to the wheels.

like newbie should lower his front a little more.

i think my stance is perfect, the rear is a tiny bit higher. I:I and the front a arms are parallel to the ground

newbie, if you lowered your front about another inch, and got a tad longer swinger, you will be able to launch harder.
but dont worry you will still be slower than me lol.

newbie, if you lowered your front about another inch, and got a tad longer swinger, you will be able to launch harder.
but dont worry you will still be slower than me lol.

i dont want a negative angle on my front ball joints though, i would liek to build a whole rear drag skid, with liek a +8 swinger, short stock axle and mabey a 42 tooth sprocket. then all i would have to do is slide it into place when it was time to race.

im gonna try to put the frony on without front shocks just to see how low it is than get the tubeing and measure it to hot low im gonna pemantly be noober if u could can u giive me ur measurments u done on urs

just do what newbie said, use a jack and lower the frame to where you like it then measure the eye to eye from the shock mounts. not hard to do.

ok just for referance my rear strut measures 14.5" overall with 13.5" eye centers and the fronts are 12.5" overall with 11.5" eye centers

Are those lawn mower tires on the rear?!

I like the look of the fronts though!

weeeeeeell i called them go kart tires when i go to the asphalt track lolol I:I but they are brand new 4ply so they are safe (buddie had them on a broken one sitting behing his garage) and actually do a real good job hahaa but ummmm yea guilty as charged :D :D i jsut dont go enough to justify buying new tires for asphalt lol

I'm not knocking.... whatever works! I was just curious about launch with those. Turf tires usually have a much harder compound than necessary for good hook-up. Do you do a burn-out or just go at them cold?