How much is my blaster worth?

BmxnBlasters

Nov 29, 2013
Northern Indiana
I do not want a "its worth whatever somebody will pay" kind of answer. I am thinking some where around 2 grand? Not to sure? Mods are as follows

Mikuni 26mm carb jetted for mods
full dmc pipe
tusk +6 adjustable rear axle
tusk bumper
homemade heavy duty grab bar
works at steeler front shocks valved for 170lb rider
msr bars
boysen reed pedals
400ex rear shock KOR bushings valved for 170lb rider
wiseco top end, rebuilt engine with all balls bearings bored .10 over
cfm air box with silicone boot
uni pod filter
14/40 renthal gearing
full motion pro cables
yfz rims all around maxxis rzr 2 up front, ra shredder rear tires
banshee rear hubs
all ball bearings all around
Tusk heavy duty clutch plates and springs
front wheel spacers +4

I'm sure i am forgetting something. Comes with all factory parts and extra set of tires on rims.

Starts 1st kick, Runs as it should maintenance done every weekend. normal scratches on plastic but nothing broke or bent. Looking to sell it on ebay craigslist or on here. Built it to do some major engine work or engine swap into it but lost interest and would rather have another 250r. I can upload a pic if that helps??? it is in my avatar pic tho

Don't want to offend you but nobody ever gets out what they put into them. The only way anybody ever gets close to what they are worth is by parting them out. But that can be a pain in the butt. The only parts that sell are the aftermarket ones. You have a few goodys on yours. Realistically around me I would say 1000-1200 if you are patient and wait for the right buyer.

i'm not trying to sound harsh here, or raggin on your build, just being honest from experience.

off the top of your wishful $ recovery list, throw out......tires, bars, clutch, engine rebuild, bearings, chain/sprockets, air filter, reeds and cables.
those are expendables that need replaced after so many hours anyway.

that leaves a good running, stock blaster with pipe, axle, $200 in shocks, airbox, wheelspacers and rims.
you'll be lucky if you get $1200, IMO.
but there are fools born every minute.
blasters may be the worst ever for resale w/ mods, they're a dime a dozen, mods/parts are cheap and even found at the local convenience store :)

ask speeddemon, he almost had to give a fully modded blaster away.
i've got 4-5 g's into mine and would consider it "winning the lottery" if it'd sale for 2 g's,
not that i would ever sale it.

there's just too many way newer/bigger quads for sale in the 2-3g range for a blaster to bring that kind of $.
my buddy just sold a modded 08 raptor 700 for $2800 last year.

if you're intent on another quad, count your losses now and move on.

Don't want to offend you but nobody ever gets out what they put into them. The only way anybody ever gets close to what they are worth is by parting them out. But that can be a pain in the butt. The only parts that sell are the aftermarket ones. You have a few goodys on yours. Realistically around me I would say 1000-1200 if you are patient and wait for the right buyer.
That's the exact ball park price around me and that's sitting a month or so on CL sometimes even longer.. I think the reason most of us like the blaster is because they are a dime a dozen and most other people don't want them, here they call them "throw away bikes" and I like that because I get them CHEAP fully modded.

Thanks guys! I did not think about the "expendables". I would have to agree with what all of you guys said. I could trade it for a lt250r with no cash involved but they are time bombs. I might just have to keep it. I do not want to part it out because you are always left over with something. I could also buy a modded out engine and throw it in there. Decisions Decisions

Get yours ported and the head rechambered and believe me you will be surprised with the power you get out of it. You will not be able to beat KOR's prices and service.

I have a trail/xc 660 full race ready mx 450r and a xc 250r with a 330 powervalve cylinder. So most of my bikes make around 40-60 horsepower. When I get on the blaster I feel like i am on a power chair. Is the power gain from the porting/rechambering that substantial? It affects every bike differently.

I have a trail/xc 660 full race ready mx 450r and a xc 250r with a 330 powervalve cylinder. So most of my bikes make around 40-60 horsepower. When I get on the blaster I feel like i am on a power chair. Is the power gain from the porting/rechambering that substantial? It affects every bike differently.
There is a video on u-tube of a modded Blaster racing in a 450 class he won from start to finish by 4 turns. Most people that want an ATV want it to go 80mph to impress their buddies. On a shorter track or tight woods a Blaster can run away from a lot of ATVs since it is lighter and quicker The guys I ride with laughed at my toy until they found out it is hard to catch.

Reactions: Awk08
I sold my last blaster for 900$, and it was beaten. You just how to find the right person to buy it.

But i bet that guy has tons of $$$ in that blasty. I also bet it runs on race fuel and is probably really unreliable. This summer I will send my cylinder to ken so he can put some of his magic into it if i keep the bike.

On a shorter track or tight woods a Blaster can run away from a lot of ATVs since it is lighter and quicker The guys I ride with laughed at my toy until they found out it is hard to catch.

same scenario, 2 buddies = kfx700 and rappy700
one threw his helmet thru the woods so mad he couldn't keep up, he traded it for a razr.
the other, after specifically telling his brother "I got sumthin for him now" = could not hang = SOLD

full suspension, KOR blaster = still reigning woods champion :)

same scenario, 2 buddies = kfx700 and rappy700
one threw his helmet thru the woods so mad he couldn't keep up, he traded it for a razr.
the other, after specifically telling his brother "I got sumthin for him now" = could not hang = SOLD

full suspension, KOR blaster = still reigning woods champion :)
In roadracing you are taught that on most tracks that have a lot of turns...if you straighten the turns out they are as long or longer than the straights ! Its the same on dirtracks too ,

Wow i would love to sell mine for that lol. Generally $1,000 over here and the occasional "I don't know what's wrong" for under $500 and it needs something simple lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/yamaha-blas...Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&autorefresh=true

Anyway to tell if this is a vitos 240 or not? Looks like something i could send to ken if it is. AWK really nailed it on the head. Great, light, and nimble trail quad but top speed kills ya. In the netherlands blasters are listed for 2000 euros and they sell. I think location and what time of the year you sell it plays a big factor. Like quadman1 said you do find the occasional blaster for a couple hundred on craigslist that has a junky carb on it or something simple like that. Makes you wonder how lazy some people really are. Or how many are stolen?

Last edited by a moderator: